Chapter 20

Shawty I don't mind
If you dance on a pole
That don't make you a hoe
Shawty I don't mind
When you working till three
If you're leaving with me
I Don't Mind~Usher & Juicy J

Jayden's POV

"Jayden, are you up?" my mom knocks on my door.

I just laid still like I was asleep. She comes in and sits on my bed. Closing my eyes, I feel her touch my shoulder. After trying to "wake" me and failing she leaves. About ten minutes later there's another knock on my door.

"Sweetie, it's me. Can I come in?" I hear Mrs. Waits.

"Yeah." I tell her.

"How are you feeling?" she sits on my bed and holds my face in her hands.

Last night, my dad and I got into a fight. He beat me really bad and he wouldn't stop until I punched him in the nose, making it bleed. I actually think I broke it. I hope I did. He found out about the date I took Amber on and we got into a big argument and then he started to beat me.

"I'm fine."

"Here." she hands me an ice pack.

"Thanks." I hug her.

I go to the bathroom and see that I have a black eye and a busted lip. I turn around and look at my back. There are bruises on my back in different places. Turning on the hot water I jump in the shower.

"Jayden, you don't have to go to school today." I hear my mom say outside of my room.

"Well, thanks. That makes this so much better." I sarcastically say.

"I'm sorry about what your father-" she begins as I open the door.

"He is not my father. He's just a man who got you knocked up and that's all. And the same goes for you."

"What do you mean?"

"You're not my mother, you're just someone who gave birth to me. Nothing more." I walk downstairs leaving her there, stunned.

I grab my Camry keys and I take a drive. I end up at the farm. I tell Daisy that I'm here then go straight to the barn. I pet Dusty, before saddling him up and getting on him. I take him on the trail that I took Evangeline and stop just outside the field to think.

"Hey." I hear someone.

"Hey." I say when I see that it's Dandy.

"My mom told me that you were here. I figured that you would be out here."

"Yea."

"What happened?" she tries to touch my face.

"Nothing." I move my head.

"Was it that bitch's fault?"

"No, and Evangeline is not a bitch, so I would appropriate it if you didn't call her that."

"Well she is. All she sees is your money. On top of that she broke my fucking nose. Did you know that?"

"Yes, I did. She told me on the car ride back home."

"And I guess you are still with her."

"You guessed right."

"Why are you with her? She's just like the rest of the girls you date. She's just a gold digging hoe."

"That is the last damn time, you are going to call Evangeline out of her name."

"Well it's true."