Chapter 37

When you need that fix
That medicine
I know you like it like this
When you get that itch
Adrenaline
Heart beating out of your chest
And when that pressure's building
I got what you need
Come fuck with me
And when you get that feeling
I got, sexual healing
The Fix~Nelly & Jeremih

Evangeline's POV

"When are you supposed to be going back?" Jayden asks Rex.

"In about seven, eight months." he bites into a sandwich.

"Have you ever been on a tank?" Kayden asks as he eats a piece of watermelon.

"Yes, I have. In fact, I have driven them before."

"Cool!" Kayden shows his smile.

"Do you have to clean your room? Cause my mommy makes me clean my room." Kayla looks at Rex with juice from her watermelon on her chin.

"Well, I don't really have a room. It's like how a camp is but more than just three bunk beds. So I have to make my bed and make sure that my area is clean and I do more than just that." Rex explains slowly.

"What made you want to be in the army?" Kevin questions.

"I just wanted to help my country even being far away."

"Oh. It's getting late and I want to go spend some time with my daddy." I stand up.

"Alright, let's go." Jayden goes to the horses.

We all get back on the horses and begin the ride back. We reach the house in no time. While Jayden goes put the things back in the car, Rex and I deal with putting up the horses.

"It was very nice meeting you." Rex pulls me into a side hug.

"It was nice meeting you too."

"Ok, the cars are packed. Let's go." Jayden shouts.

We go inside and say goodbye to Daisy. I give Jayla and her family a hug as does Jayden. Jayden and I get back into his car and begin the drive home.

"Thanks for bringing me here." I kiss his cheek.

"It's not that big of a deal." he smiles.

"I know, but you have to appreciate the little things. You never know when your time will run out."

"Do you have work tomorrow?" he holds my hand.

"No, why?"

"I want to spend all day tomorrow with you. From the time you wake up to when you fall asleep."

"Well, that means that you have to be at my house before I wake up." I smile.

"I will."

The rest of the ride we sit in a comfortable silence. He takes me to my new house and I give him a hug and a kiss goodbye. I go inside and I see my daddy looking at our picture album.

"Hey cupcake, how was your day?" he looks up at me.

"Good, how about you?"

"It started out fine, but then I drove past our old house and I just felt sad all over again. I miss her so much. I don't know how I'm going to go on without her." he cries.

"Daddy, I miss her too. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her or Sam. Everyday something new happens that I wish I could tell them, but I can't and I've grow to except that. The pain you're feeling, isn't supposed to go away anytime soon it means that you will always love mommy no matter what." I pull him into a hug.