I totally knew she was about to ask me that. I picked up my fork and stabbed it into the pancake before placing it onto my plate. I didn't want to have to give my brother a ride to school. His school wasn't even out of my mother's way she just wanted me to do her work so that she could go back and nap. That's what she normally did when she got home from working. She would get mad at me if I ever napped after coming home from school. I didn't understand why she could do it and I couldn't. Yeah, I had homework; but I didn't all the time.

"Do I really have to take the little dweeb to school? He's out of my way mom." I said. I wasn't lying. Technically, Hunter's school was out of my way. It was also out of the way of where the coffee shop was located. I honestly didn't want to be late and I didn't have Elijah's number to call him to tell him I would be. I didn't want him to think that I was some girl that just wanted to use him for his fame. I'm far from being like those girls.

"Yes, you do have to take him to school and don't call him a dweeb. He's your brother." Mother said.

"He may be my brother but he's still a dweeb." I said with a shrug.

My parents think that he can be anything but perfect in their eyes. Then, you have me; the girl with no friends at school but one famous friend. Honestly, I'd rather have one friend even if they weren't famous than a bunch of fake ones. That would only make me feel worse if I figured out that they were only my friend because they pitied me. Enough about me though, let's get to my dweeb of a brother. Hunter is in Eighth Grade and the worst part of that is that he's popular. Everyone at his school loves him and the girls think he's cute. It all just makes me sick if you ask me. Hunter is on the basketball team at school and he even has a girlfriend. I just couldn't believe it when Hunter came home one day and he was literally glowing. He told me about her, her name was Arlene and apparently they shared a kiss as well. That was something I couldn't believe as well. He was only thirteen and he already had his first kiss before me. I hated to admit to myself that I was jealous of my little brother.

"Sophia Daniels you watch your tone."

"Why should I have to do that? You're constantly taking Hunter's side without asking me my side of the story. Look mom I know you work hard and everything but why can't you just take him to school? His school is out of my way and if I take him to school that just means I'm going to be late for class." I told her.

My mother rolled her eyes at me. She didn't exactly speak up after that. So, I had no idea if I still had to take him or if my mother realized she was just trying to make me do her work. It would have been nice to know that was for sure. I finished up my pancakes and headed for the door after I grabbed my book bag. When my mother didn't stop me I just assumed that meant that I was free to go and didn't have to take him after all. I won the fight for once in my life.

After walking to my car I got inside and started up the car. I felt a little bad for raising my voice at my mom but I figured I'd just make it up to her later, somehow. I was sure I would think of something. Lots of things made her happy easily. When I finally made it to the coffee shop I smiled when I saw Elijah standing outside the coffee shop. When I finished parking my car, my eyes hovered over the dashboard to sneak a peek at the boy who actually happened to be waiting for me. He was wearing: jeans with a nice buttoned up t-shirt. I was happy that I was dressed in the same casual way that he was so I didn't feel under or over dressed in the meantime.

I got out of my vehicle and locked the car before catching up with him. He smiled at me as I came into his view. Today, I was going to be taking him around town and I was actually debating rather we should walk or take my car. Right now, my mind was saying that we should drive for when our feet got tired; but my heart was telling me that I'd get more time with the boy if we walked around together. I guess I would just have to see what Elijah would have to say about the whole thing.