Truth

Gumball broke the kiss and stared at Darwin. Darwin looked at Gumball and leaned in for another kiss. Then pulled away and leaned in for a third, but Gumball placed his hands on Darwin's shoulder and pushed him back alittle.

"..Darwin? What are- You just.. -We kis-" Gumball studdered. He was at a loss for words. He couldn't believe that his best friend, whom is a boy also, just kissed him, not once, but twice. After a moment of dead silence, Darwin placed his hands on Gumball's hand.

"Gumball, its time you know the truth. I.."

Gumball looked at Darwin and waited patiently. ".. sigh.. I like you.."

"Cool. I like you too, but-"

"No. You... You don't get it. Its..not like a friendship 'like.' I.. I really really like you."

"I don't get what you're-"

"I have feelings for you. Like.. the feelings that you have for Penny.." Gumball's eyes widened and his ears lied flat. He moved his hands away from Darwin and stood up slowly. "G-Gumball?" Darwin said nervously. Darwin stood up and walked up to Gumball. Gumball stepped away from him slightly, making Darwin's eyes water again.

Tears ran down his face. His best friend in the whole wide world, and the person he loved most, wouldn't even let Darwin touch him. He ran into Gumball's arms and held onto him tightly. Gumball placed his hands on Darwin's shoulders and attempted to push him away, but Darwin held onto him even tighter and cried into his chest.

"Darwin, LET GO!"

"I won't!"

"LET GO OF ME!"

"NO!!"

"DARWIN!"

"GUMBALL, I LOVE YOU!!"

Gumball froze and dropped his arms to his sides. Darwin felt something wet drop into his hair. When he looked up, Gumball had tears in his eyes as well. His cheeks were flustered and his ears were drooping. He looked so.. pained.. Darwin placed his hand on Gumball's cheek and kissed him again.

Gumball didn't even bother to react. He just stayed where he was and let himself be kissed.Darwin wiped Gumball's tears away and buried his face in Gumball's shirt. Kitty scent.. Darwin thought. "Is everything alright?" a voice said from the hallway.

Gumball and Darwin both looked up. Penny stepped into the room and gave them her sweet smile. "Y..yeah. Everything's..ok.." Gumball said looking away. Darwin let Gumball go and took a step back. Penny went over to Gumball and gave him a big hug. Darwin felt his eyes sting, but held it in.

I won't cry. Not infront of her.. I won't.. Then Penny went over and gave Darwin a hug. He didn't return the hug. When she touched him, he tensed. Anais yelled from downstairs: "Penny your dad is here!" Penny sighed and gave them one last smile.

"See you at school guys. Hope you're feeling better Darwin." she said and kissed Gumball on his cheek, then she left. They stood in silence once again.

"..Gumball, I-"

"Need some time.."

"Huh?"

"I need some..time.. alone." Gumball turned to Darwin. Darwin felt his eyes sting again but sucked it up and nodded, leaving the room. Gumball waited till Darwin was far enough away, then he lept on his bed and cried..