Painful Love

[2 wks. Later. @ Midnite]

Late that night, Darwin couldn't sleep. Every time he closed his eyes even a little, a lewd image of his friend would pop into his brain. He rubbed his eyes and watched his best friend sleeping soundly. He tried not to move too much because he didn't want the swishing of the water to wake Gumball.

These passed two weeks have been terrible. My urges are getting stronger. Last Friday, in the gym locker room, I found myself SNIFFING Gumball's sweater after he took it off. What is wrong with me?!

Darwin ignored his thoughts and gazed down at the sleeping feline.

Gumball slept so terrible. One of his arms were thrown over his head, the other was hanging off of the bed, along with one of his legs. The cover was hanging off of him onto the floor. Darwin quietly climbed out of his tank and spread the blanket over Gumball's entire body.

"Idiot. You'll catch a cold." Darwin stopped and stared at Gumball's sleeping face, not able to look away. Darwin dried his hand off and laid it on Gumball's face, caressing his cheek. Gumball's ears flicked making Darwin jerk his hand away.

Gumball sneezed and his ears lied flat. So cute! Darwin thought. He just couldn't help himself anymore. He leaned down and gently placed his lips on Gumball's nose. No movement. "Maybe one more.." Darwin whispered and pecked Gumball's cheek.

No movement. "Just one little-" He kissed Gumball's other cheek. "Ok seriously. This is the last.." He gave one last kiss and soon found himself kissing all over the sleeping cat's face. Gumball giggled in his sleep and his cheeks turned red, making Darwin blush too.

Darwin was as happy as can be until Gumball whispered Penny's name. Darwin frowned and went back to his tank. He felt heartbroken. Dreaming about 'her.' Figures.. he thought angrily and got back into his tank.

~~~~~~~~~~~Morning~~~~~~~~~~

Gumball woke up extra early in an over happy mood. He did his hygiene, made his own breakfast, and dug through his closet for formal clothes. All of the noise he was making made Darwin annoyed. He pressed his hands on the tank glass and yelled at the top of his lungs.

"GUMBALL!!" Gumball's ears flicked and he quickly put his hands over them.

"DUDE! That hurts!" Gumball wined.

"What hurts is that it's the freaking weekend and I'm trying to sleep late and you're just... JUST-!"

"Alright. I'm sorry. I.. I just can't find any dress clothes!"

"Dress clothes for what?"

"Me!"

"For what?!"

"I over heard Penny saying that she always wanted to go out to eat somewhere fancy, SOIASKEDHERIFSHEWOULDGOWITHMEANDSHESAIDYES!!"

"...What?"

"I GOT A DATE, BISH!!"

(Bish=Boy Fish. Not a cute word for bitch.)

"..A date?"

"Yeah! With PEN~NYYY!" Gumball said, rummaging through his clothes. "But.. we already had plans for today." Darwin frowned. "Ha?" Gumball said, not paying attention.

"We were supposed to play cops-an-robbers. Then we were gonna finish our game of Prank Wars."

"..."

"Gumball!"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, right. Look, it'll be fine. We can just re-schedule for tomorrow, alright?"