Chapter 33

I follow him to his house. As we walk, it starts to snow.

The wind picks up, and it gets colder. Being the spaz I am, I'm only wearing my clumsily buttoned shirt and thin jeans. The shirt being awfully buttoned, lets bitter wind hit my bare shin.

I must've started to shiver because Craig start to stare at me. Then, he asked, "Are you cold?"

I thought that he was just going to be annoyed, or irritated if I said I was, so I lied and said, "No, I-I'm f-fine."

Craig didn't think that Craig bought it, so when I said it he continued to stare at me. As he continued to stare, I continued to shake, but now, I was blushing because I knew he was looking at me.

As we walked, it got even worse. To the point where my skin was numb and hurting. I kept scooting slightly closer to Craig, I hoped he wouldn't notice.

Turns out, he did. The next thing I knew, Craig had his jacket draped around my shoulders. Then, he put his arm around my waist, pulling me into his side.

At first, I tensed up, unsure of what to do or not.

Then, I slowly eased into his side. His jacket was warm and smelled like him. I knew he probably just did it because we're "friends", but I liked to think it was because of something more.

Even though I knew it wasn't.