Chapter 6

I found myself ending up at the nurses office.

I walk in, "E-excuse me...I fell against my l-locker and ngh hit my h-head."

The nurse, Mrs. K looks up from her papers, "Come with me," she says getting up and heading to the cot in the corner, "What's your name?"

"Tweek," I reply. She nods and starts wiping away the blood. There wasn't that much, but there was some. She put a bandage on my head, and gave me a late pass.

I told her 'Thank you' and left.

All my classes went by slowly, with the occasional question of, "What happened?" until lunch. I walked to the bathroom slowly. Before I could get into the bathroom, someone grabbed my shoulder.

"Tweek."

I turned and saw Craig. "GAH!" I screeched and stumbled backwards.

He cracked a small smile, but quickly going back to his neutral face, "Geez, didn't mean to scare you. How are you?"

I don't know what to say. Is he doing a weird tactic in making me comfortable, then hitting me when I least expect it?

"F-fine..." I say backing away nervously. I don't want to let my guard down.

"Are you okay? What happened to your head?" Craig says in a monotone voice.

"I-I'm fine... Nothing ngh I h-have places to be..." I say and turned and ran away.

He probably thinks I'm even weirder than before.

I ran to the lunch room and sat down at a table where Pip was sitting. I sat down across from him.

"Why, Hello Tweek!" He said cheerfully, "I was not expecting any company today, but the more the merrier!"

I stared at him, "O-okay. Thanks f-for letting me sit with you." I'm glad he didn't tell me to his it somewhere else. I have no where else I could have gone.

I sit there for the rest of lunch, enjoying a few minutes of silence. Pip was busy talking to Damien. Then, the bell rang for class.