Alcohol

Lexi's POV

Don't you just love those moments when you don't know what to do and what to think. Or when you just can't stand the thought of living the next day.

When you think why does my life matter anyway? Who does this benefit? Not me for sure.

Anyway Robin is making me go to some family Christmas Eve party. She keeps telling me to 'dress up'. I don't like dressing up though because I never really do and when I do I want it to be for something important.

I walked out of my room and knocked on Maddie's.

"Come in" I heard her yell

She was looking at her closet.

"Oh hey" she said glancing at me

"So what are you wearing?" I asked

"Um probably a fairly nice shirt and some shorts"she shrugged

"Ok, I just didn't know your moms definition of dress up" I said

"here" she tossed me a shirt, "wear this"

It was a black long sleeved shirt, almost like a sweat shirt. It had white pearls running down the sides of the arms.

"Just throw some shorts on with it" she said

I give Maddie credit, she has a nice style. I walked back to my room and put it on along with some jean shorts. I walked to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I then brushed out my blonde hair. I applied some makeup and put some pearl earrings to match.

I dug through my closet and found some black flip flops with a slight wedge. They had jewels on the front and were nice.

Robin yelled for us to come down and I grabbed my phone. I walked down the stairs. Maddie was already down there and Robin smiled at us in delight.

"You girls look so beautiful!" She gushed

"Thanks Robin" I said

"Thanks mom" Maddie said

She sighed, "Anyways let's get going"

We got into the car and left.

---------------

The car ride was an hour long and we ended up parking in front a nice house. It wasn't huge, but it wasn't small.

There were cars parked everywhere and we parked. I stepped out.

"Watch out, these people are crazy" Maddie whispered in my ear and I stifled a laugh along with her.

Robin glared at Maddie then we walked up to the house. Robin knocked on the door and a middle aged woman came to the door.

"Robin!" She smiled widely and they hugged

"Why hello Maddie aren't you as beautiful as ever!" She gushed

"Thanks Aunt Emily" she said but she looked bored

"Aww, so this is Alexis!" She said turning to me

"It's Lexi actually" I said politely

"Forgive me, Lexi. You are gorgeous! Well anyways, my name is Emily. Robins sister. " she said

"Thank you, Emily" I said

"Any who, I won't keep you all waiting. Everyone's very excited to meet you" she said moving aside for us to come in.

I walked onto the hard wood floors and looked around. There were stairs right at the entrance. To the left there was a nice dining room and to the right there was a small living room. Maddie and Robin guided me to the kitchen. There were lots of people there any they were all talking. I was introduced to everyone.