But I ignored the pain, pushing myself further. The curiosity had already sunken it. It was important for me to find out where everyone was going.

                I soon found myself following only one person. From the back, I could tell it was a male. He ran quickly, heading straight for the stalks. My breathing was panted, and I wasn’t doing a very good job of hiding myself.

                “ughff!” I grunted when my weight was suddenly through to the ground.

                I landed roughly on my side. Something heavy was on top of me. It forced me on my back. It was a person, who was sitting on my stomach, gripping my hands tightly. I struggled against the stranger, panic starting to leak into my voice.

                “Get off!” I whispered, struggling furiously.

                It was useless. Whoever it was, he was staying on.

                “What are you doing out here?” The deep voice asked.

                My eyes started to water in fear. I closed them tightly, twisting my hips around. There had to be a way to get out from underneath him.

                “What are you doing here?” He repeated angrily.

                “I don’t know!” I cried out as quietly as I could manage. Air was coming short and shallow and I was struggling to hold myself together.

                He roughly shoved me against the ground more. I could feel rocks tearing into the flesh of my back painfully.

                “Answer me, dammit!”

                “I followed someone out! I was curious! I swear I don’t know what was going on!” I tried to reason with him.

                He held me in place.

                Hesitantly, I opened my water filled eyes slightly. I could just barely make out the figure of the man on top of me.

                I didn’t recognize him.

                “Who are you?” He asked, his voice a quiet whisper now.

                “E-Eva.” I stuttered. My fingers were curled into tight fists. I had given up on trying to free myself, preparing for whatever was to come.

                A moment of silence passed between the two of us.

                Much to my surprise, his weight shifted off of me. I froze hesitantly, opening my eyes to watch as he stood up. His fingers curled around my upper arm, hauling me up. I stumbled upright quickly. He didn’t let go.

                With a rough jerk, he began to pull me in the direction of the man I had been following earlier quickly.

                “Do not speak at all.” He growled in a voice barely audible.

                I nodded, biting my lip just in case.

                The mystery man pulled me to where the stalks parted just slightly, creating a path in the forest. He shoved his way through with me behind. The path split many times, but he never seemed to be confused on where to go.

                My heart thudded in my chest.

                Where were we going?