Feelings

I've been wondering why Austin has been acting bizarre towards me for the past few weeks. I was agitated.So I texted him:

'Why are you acting so weird all of a sudden? I'm getting worried Austin ..'

no response.I tried shooting him another message.

'tell me.I'm your best friend'

'I really wish you weren't though' he finally responded.

Woah. That caught me off guard. In fact, it offended me a little.

'And what is that suppose to mean?' my thumbs typed rapidly across the keyboard.

Minutes later, I received this:

'Listen, I met this girl a couple years ago and I'm falling head over heals for her. I'd do anything for her at anytime. When she needs me,I'll be there for her. She's perfect in my eyes and sometimes I catch myself zoning out whenever I see her because she's so beautiful. when she's crying, I can't even eat or do anything because it kills to see her like that. If anybody did anything to hurt her, I'd kick their arse.. But anyways,when I look at this girl in the eyes and get lost all I want to do is grab and kiss her. I want to tell her she means the world to me. Even if she's gone for an hour, I'll miss her like crazy. I just want to be around her all the time..and I want to tell her how I feel. I don't know if he feels the same. That's what scares me the most.'

'Who's the girl?' I responded,my eyes staring at the screen anxiously. I was dying to see who it was. Austin is the only person I plan to be with and I would never want to see him with anybody else. Damn I hope he doesn't love another girl. If I saw him kissing or touching on another female, my heart would break into pieces.

In a matter of seconds my phone vibrated. 'You'

When Austin sent me that text, I was speechless. My stomach fluttered and the biggest smile appeared on my face. "Me?" I whispered, still staring down at the text message. Electricity ran through my veins and nothing but happiness took over my body. The desire and affection I have towards Austin is unexplainable. "My heart", I said as I placed my hand over my chest. I had an overwhelming euphoric feeling and knew I was falling in love with Austin. I just never wanted to admit it.

I was scared that he was getting tired of me and the thought of that haunted me. But now my negative intentions of him are gone. I sighed heavily and was about to respond,but someone called me. That someone was no other than Austin. As my phone rang in my hands, my heart picked up speed. It was pumping so hard ,it felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. "Okay," I said softly before sliding my thumb across the screen to answer.

"Hey" I nonchalantly said, trying to play it cool. Knowing that I wasn't even close to being calm.

"Y/n! Look, I have something for you and wanted to meet up with you. I need to see my girl tonight"

'My girl', I thought. Hearing him say that made my eyes light up. You'd think I was a little kid opening presents on Christmas Day. I couldn't contain my excitement.

"You're so audacious and charming. I'm at a lost for words. Uh--yeah! We can definitely meet up somewhere" my voice was soothing, yet you could hear the fulfillment and joy.

He was silent on the other end for a moment. "You don't know how much I've been longing for you y/n. I'm grateful and surprised that you're still talking to me after what I texted you about four minutes ago," he chuckled.