"Uh, yeah of course." He said.  I finished off my hamburger as an awkward silence fell over the table.

"Uh, I'll start on the dishes." Raegan said grabbing her and Clara's plates.

"I'll help!" I said jumping up and almost knocking my chair over in the process. Smooth Casper.

 I was dying to get away from the table but, more importantly Raegan and I needed to talk.

"Oh, that's okay you don't have to." She said hurriedly. I smiled grabbing mine and Maria's plate.

"I know I don't have too, I want too." I insisted. She scowled a little and walked into kitchen. I passed her in the doorway as she went back  to retrieve Jack and Eric's plates.

I started washing the dishes and when Raegan returned she started drying them and putting them away.

"So-" I started but, was cut off.

"Listen about what happened outside, we can just forget about it, yeah?" She said hurriedly. "I mean it was a heat of the moment thing, it didn't mean anything right?" 

Wait what?

Of course it meant something. Or at least it did to me.

"Besides," She continued as she nervously twisted the rag she was holding. "We finally have a good friendship going right? We wouldn't want to jeopardize that. Right?" She asked awkwardly.

"Uh-"

"Hey guys' we're going to play Twister want to join?" Eric asked.

What is with people interrupting us today? Seriously.

"Uh, yeah sure." Raegan said throwing down the towel she was using to dry the dishes. She walked past me as I stood there dumbfounded.

That was not how I was expecting this conversation to go.

As Eric and Maria left to go the living room I leaned against the kitchen counter. Running a hand through my hair I groaned in frustration. What just happened?

My shoulders slumped a little. I think I just got friend-zoned...

I slowly walked into the living room to see Eric, Jack, Raegan, and Maria all twisted together on the twister mat.

"Hey Casper, do you mind spinning the thingy. I can't reach it anymore." Maria asked.

"Uh, yeah sure." I said still in a daze. I flicked the little arrow.

"Right hand, red. " I stated. They all shifted a little. As Eric went to place his hand on a red spot he toppled causing everyone else to tumble down with him. I couldn't bring myself to laugh with them. So instead I awkwardly stood up.

"Uh, I should probably get going." I said. They all looked at me in confusion. Thankfully Eric came to my rescue.

"Yeah, we've got Dawn Patrol in the morning, it's getting pretty late. Thanks for the dinner dude-I mean ma'am." He corrected himself. "No, I mean Clara." He said wincing. She laughed from the large fluffy chair she was sitting on.

"Thank you all for helping me paint the house." She replied. We said our goodbyes and Raegan said she would catch a ride back to the hotel with Jack.

Once we were in the car, Eric turned to look at me. "What happened between you and Raegan?" He asked.

"Absolutely nothing."

When I got home I thanked Maria for the ride and told Eric I'd see him at Dawn Patrol. I walked into the house and heard the TV in the living room but, I went straight up to my room. I kicked off my shoes and headed into the bathroom.