Chapter 14

"Where the hell have you been?" Dan winced as his mother came running down the stairs with a fierce look in her eyes. "We have been calling you all night and-"She stopped when she noticed Phil standing behind her son, a timid expression on his face. Right away she noticed the change in both of them. Her eyes softened as the two boys watched her intently. She already knew exactly what had happened. "First things first, you need to go and get him a morning after pill."

"I already did it." Dan said as took Phil's hand and led him into the house. "I couldn't call you back last night or I would have." Both of them knew something a bit more pressing was going on. "His parents are out of town, he wants to wait until later to call and let them know."

"I understand, sometimes you need time to think about how you're going to word things." Dan's mother smiled softly, soon though she realized that she couldn't stop smiling. She felt a wave of emotions pass over her. Happiness for the two, sadness that Dan was no longer a little boy, and excitement for it all. "I think I might cry." She muttered as she pulled the two towards her. Dan was Phil's alpha now, it was a big moment.

"Yes, yes I love you too." Dan said as he struggled to slide out of her grasp, leaving only Phil for her to hug. "Well...uh, this is my omega." He laughed lightly as he waved his hand in front of the dark haired boy she was squeezing. After what had happened the other day in the kitchen she certainly didn't think it would be happening any time soon. "You're going to suffocate him!" Dan laughed again, still feeling a sense of joy at his new bond.

"I know, I'm just welcoming him to our family." She smiled back in return as she glanced between Dan and Phil. "Now you know...Dan it's a big reasonability. I just-Your father will talk to you about it. I need to go and blow my nose." She sniffed as she ran a hand over her son's face. She quickly drabbed her eyes as she headed out of the living. "Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back!"

"Where does she think we're going to go?" Phil asked as he watched her walk away. Dan shrugged before leaning over to press a quick kiss to the omega's cheek. He was happy and for once he didn't bother to hide that fact behind a snide comment or a pessimistic view.

"She's excited." Dan knew she would be. He'd already forgiven his parents for what they'd said, silently in his own way. "Are you hungry, do you want anything?" Dan asked. "I can probably find something around here." It was nearing noon and neither of them had eaten yet.

"No I'll fix you both something!" Dan's mother said as she came hurrying back down the stairs. "Your father's coming home early, or he will as soon as I call him." She knew he'd want to be here. It wasn't every day your son bounded.

Dan was relieved that his parents were okay with everything, they even seemed happy about it. His father had come home early, like his mother had said he would, and given them his 'blessing' in a sense. More or less it was him going on about how he was proud of Dan for finally realizing what was important. Dan knew though that a more serious talk would happen later when Phil wasn't there. Something about 'this is the rest of your life' and 'you'll have a family you need to think of.' But that was alright with Dan, everything he ever wanted to do, he could do with Phil. They could share their dreams and make them happen together.

"Want me to spend the night with you at your place, I know your parents aren't home." Dan suggested after his parents had stopped their fussing. "I don't want you to be alone." For the first few months Dan knew he wouldn't want to leave Phil alone at all, something about a new bond and wanting to protect it. He didn't understand all of his instincts but he knew enough to follow them.