Chapter 5

"Why is Phil coming?" Dan asked, his neutral expression turning into one of distaste. "I thought you said he couldn't make it?" PJ shrugged as he sat slightly uncomfortable in Dan's living room.

"Turns out he can, you don't seem happy about this." PJ knew something was up between the two of them, he didn't know what it was but he could tell that there was tension.

"Probably because I'm not." Dan mumbled before crossing his arms and slumping down into the sofa. "Seriously, you could have told me sooner, its tonight." PJ knew that it probably wasn't a good idea springing it on Dan like that but he didn't know what else to do.

"Is this going to be a problem or something, we can work something else out." PJ was always the one trying to find the perfect solution for his friend's issues. "We can take a different car or bus, it doesn't matter to us Dan."

"It's fine." He sighed, refusing to make eye contact. If he was honest he felt a bit betrayed. "I just thought you'd tell me or something."
"Why don't you like Phil? He's really nice, he wouldn't say a mean thing about anybody." Dan scoffed before rolling his eyes.

"You've known him for what, just short of a month? And all of a sudden you know everything about him? I just don't like him alright?" Dan didn't know why he held onto his dislike for Phil, realistically he knew there was no reason to not like him but there was just something about Phil that made him nervous.

Whenever he so much as looked at Phil he felt like he needed to do something, anything. It was completely out of his comfort zone, Phil made him uncomfortable and almost...scared even. An omega frightened him and Dan didn't like that. Phil made him feel like he was about to die and that if he didn't run away he'd be consumed by something Dan didn't know.

"Just promise you won't be an asshole okay? You can get through one night, once we get to the party you don't even have to hang out with him."

"Didn't plan on it." Dan replied with a shake of his head.

"Just because we'll be asleep doesn't mean we won't know when you come in." Phil's father said, eyeing him carefully. "We see everything, we know everything, and if we tried hard enough we could probably read your thoughts too." Phil rolled his eyes, he couldn't blame them for being protective though.

"I know you do, that's why I'll be back at one." Phil said as he tied his shoes. "I gotta go, they're outside." He didn't know how a simple party had turned into something so horrifying. But it wasn't like PJ and Chris wouldn't be there, more than likely everything would be fine. "I'll see you later."

Phil shoved his phone into his pocket as he hopped up from the sofa and headed out the door, closing it behind him. Dan's car was a lot nicer than he'd expected it to be, he didn't know why but he just didn't picture it to look so new. Instantly the first thing he noticed as he made his way to the car was that nobody was in the passenger seat. The second thing he noticed was PJ and Chris waving from the back seat.

'Great, I gotta sit up front?' Phil thought as he pulled the door open.

"Hey, you ready?" Chris asked from the back seat as Phil silently climbed into the front. Dan was just as silent as ever and Phil could already feel the hostility.