Chapter 8

"Fuck you, piece of shit turtle shell." Dan hissed as he continued to press buttons rapidly, kicking his feet out slightly. PJ laughed loudly from the other side of him, he'd just taken Dan for first place thanks to said shell. "Blue shell bitch!" Dan cheered, he was right behind him and it wouldn't take much too actually win the game. "Take it!"

"This is getting intense." Phil whispered over to Chris who sat next to him on the sofa, he gave a short laugh but Chris picked up on the tone of worry. He smiled before shaking his head in disagreement.

"Nah, they're always like this. I think it's the alpha in them, the whole competitive thing. This is light hearted compared to some of the terrors I've seen." Chris replied. It's true, sometimes Mario Kart did get a bit out of hand but this wasn't one of those times.

"Oh come on!" PJ frowned, shaking the controller slightly. "Bullshit Dan." He huffed as he lagged behind the other. "I told you it was too fast." He watched in disappointment as Dan came in first for a third time. "Sick of it." He mumbled, dropping the controller and climbing back onto the sofa, forcing Chris to move over to make room for him.

"Sore loser!" Dan grinned, taking a moment to relish in his victory. "I guess we know who the better player is." Dan chimed happily. He knew part of him was showing off and the other part had the inherent need to be the stronger alpha in front of an omega, even if he was just playing a game. "Who's next? Phil you want to play?" Dan asked, his tone softening as he moved a bit from his seat in front of the sofa in an attempt to offer him some room.

Phil still wasn't use to Dan's new attitude. It felt weird that they actually hanging out and not by force. To be fair, the alpha was starting to grow on Phil. His smile was breathtaking and his eyes were much more beautiful when they weren't glaring all the time. Not to mention his subtle charm that Phil was sure he knew how to use.

"I'm not very good." He said climbing off the sofa nonetheless, taking his seat on the floor next to Dan. "I haven't played much." He liked games but he'd Mario Kart hadn't been one he was all that familiar with. Dan shrugged before passing him the controller.

"Don't worry, PJ isn't very good either." He laughed, glancing back over at the other alpha who was leaning into Chris. Chris sent him a mock frown before running his arm up PJ's back in an attempt to sooth his wounded pride. "He's pouting and I need someone to play against."

"I'm not pouting, keep talking shit and I'll shove the kitty car up your ass." Dan burst out in laughter at PJ's apparent anger. He knew deep down he wasn't truly mad and soon enough he'd forgot that he'd even lost. He turned his attention back to Phil, his eyes bright and curious once again.

"Okay you know how to play well enough right?" He asked, moving just a couple inches closer to Phil. He could practically smell his uncertainty, the urge to correct it swept over Dan as he watched Phil carefully.

"Yeah, I think so. Could you show me how to get back to the main menu though?" Phil of course knew how to get back to the menu but he couldn't help playing into Dan's helpfulness. He didn't know how much longer it would last, he might as well enjoy it while he got the chance.

Dan leaned over a bit, reaching out to get Phil back to where he could select a car and a character. "There you go." He said offering the other a smile as he settled back against the sofa, knocking lightly against Chris and PJ's feet.