"I know he's at home right now with his parents. He's waiting for them to decide if he can go back to Eastbrook or not." Chris retorted as he folded his arms across his chest. "I wouldn't count on seeing him again." Dan stopped in his tracks as a pang of hurt washed over him. That couldn't happen, of course he'd see Phil again...right?

"What?" He asked as he turned back around. "He's going back to Eastbrook?" He asked softly as the anger drained out of him. "Like he's not coming back?" PJ shook his head while Chris continued to stare angrily.

"He wants to go back, his parents are talking it over now." The other alpha added almost sadly. While Chris might have given up on Dan's love life, he hadn't. "It's not too late though, maybe you can go talk to him...if you want to that is."

Dan only shook his head in return. Phil wouldn't want to talk to him anyway. He'd gotten the freedom he'd longed for. This was what he'd wanted. "No, he doesn't want talk to me right now."

"Who are we going to hang out with now?" Chris asked, a serious expression on his face. "Dan's an asshole and Phil's gone."

"God Damn it, we've been over this! You hang out with each other, stop thinking of yourselves as some kind of strange singular being." Dan barked in frustration. Chris looked like he wanted to say something else but PJ stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

"We got to go, Chris has a biology project or something." Dan didn't understand and they didn't know if he ever would.

"Chris doesn't even have biology." Dan mumbled as he watched them walk off. Not before Chris turned around and said, 'Goodbye asshole' loud enough for half the people in the hall to hear.

Dan spent the rest of the day feeling more alone then he ever had. Regret started to build up inside, reaching his heart and clenching it painfully. He couldn't figure it out, he was meant to be happy not choked up and on verge of tears. Dan had no idea that he would physically feel every hour without the omega.

The alpha knew he'd be bothered but this was more than just an uncomfortable feeling. It was painful, he'd cried, he'd paced his bedroom, he'd yelled at himself and anyone who bothered to talk to him. Nothing seemed to help. "Why am I so miserable?" He asked himself, it was only his third day without Phil but already he was contemplating calling him.

Freedom was nothing but missing Phil as it turned out. Dan had missed his scent, his eyes, his soft skin, his bright smile. "Stop!" He yelled, willing himself to stop thinking about the omega. He could feel the tears start to sting his eyes again. It had been three days since he'd slept properly, eating was a task, and even breathing was starting to become a chore. "I can't do this." He felt like he was losing his mind.

"Dan who are you yelling at?" He hardly looked over when his father came in without warning. Dan shook his head in dismissal.

"No one, I'm just thinking." He mumbled, taking a seat on the bed. He didn't have much to say and especially not to his father. But the man sat down anyway like Dan knew he would.

"Well you're thinking awfully loud. Are you missing Phil, yet?" Of course he was. Dan knew everyone knew already. It was impossible to overlook his misery. The sadness had taken over his life and he'd stopped caring who knew by the second day. "You know alpha's need their omega just as much."

"I don't even know if he's my omega anymore, I just...he asked me if he still was and...I couldn't say anything." Dan admitted sadly. "I don't think this is what I want anymore." Dan couldn't even think straight. Every thought focused around Phil. It was if something else entirely was pulling him towards the other.