Chapter Fourteen

All around her was black…all around her was thick, empty darkness… The only light was the glowing red orb she held in her hands and even that couldn’t break through the cold darkness that surrounded her. It felt broken…void of all happiness and emotion in general. There was something cold and cruel about it that made her scared but also…it was familiar. She looked down at her body, surprised at how well she could see herself despite the dark, like her skin was glowing. Instead of what she knew she had been wearing before she had sunk into this darkness, Feli now only wore a knee length, blood red night gown with short, loose sleeves. All of a sudden, something colder than the cold already surrounding her brushed against her back and when she turned, she thought she was looking into a mirror. Before her, on the other side of a slightly reflective panel of…something that reminded her of glass, stood a person who looked so much like her and yet nothing like her at all. This person had shoulder length black hair, blood red eyes and face that seemed perpetually stuck in a scowl. The man’s, for this person was undoubtedly male, clothes consisted of a blood red button down and black pants.

Raising a hand to the glass on instinct, she jumped back when the boy slammed his hand against the glass. “You!” he snarled at her, his already scowling face twisting further into a growl. “This is your fault! This stupid glass…just give in already, no one needs you, it’s me they need!” Feli stared in shock, uncomprehending of what this strange boy spoke of. “W-who…are you?” At her whisper, the boy’s face registered shock before he smirked. “Oh? He didn’t even tell you?” Feli tilted her head to the side, not knowing who he spoke of. “Alexei…he forgot to tell you who I was before he sent you in here. Well…I guess the easiest explanation is this: I’m you! Well…maybe that’s too simple. I’m you from a thousand years ago, your previous life. My name is Feliks.” Feli’s eyes widened in shock and, if she hadn’t already been sitting, she would have slipped to her knees once more.

“So you see, Feliciana, Alexei is trying to revive me because he was a friend of mine. He doesn’t need you…no one needs you.” Feli shuffled backwards to put distance between the two of them but it didn’t seem to work. His words felt like a slap even if she didn’t fully understand the weight of them. Was this truly what Alexei wanted? If so…why had he said such words before she slipped into this world, why had he been so kind? In the midst of her fear and confusion, a warm presence surrounded her, solidifying into arms that wrapped around her. Long purple hair fell over her shoulders and caused her to look up into a darkly handsome face with black voids for eyes. “Feliks, stop trying to force her into submission. Did you really think I would let that work?” The voice was distorted yet comforting and Feli quickly realized this man was the one who had stopped her from killing during her battle. As though Feliks and this strange man could hear her thoughts, Feliks scoffed while the man smiled. “Yes he is the one who stopped you. If he hadn’t…you would have been corrupted and I could have taken over easily.” The man fixed Feliks with a glare before returning his eyes, if they could be called that, to Feli. “Sweet Feliciana…do not fear him. He is safely held at bay by my powers and your own inner strength. He is only as powerful as you make him.” Feeling her confidence return as he spoke, Feli spoke up as warmth seeped into her body. “Who…are you?” The man smiled, showing twin rows of pointed teeth that should have scared her but she somehow knew he wouldn’t harm her. “I am Lazirus, the spider demon. Though, the more important question would be…who are you, Feli?”

Feli opened her mouth to instantly tell him she was the Princess of Beldan but the words lodged in her throat. “Yes, that is the point. Not even you know which is why I am here, to educate you, Feli.” Feliks snarled and slammed his hands against the glass again. “No! Make her give her body over to me! They need me and you know it!” Lazirus released a snarl of his own and pulled Feli closer to him. “They do not need you, Feliks. You corrupted yourself and gave in to the darkness within you. They need someone who can truly wield the powers that you threw away.” Feli went to grab Lazirus’ arms in a calming gesture but she found her fingers refused to release the orb. Getting tired of them talking over her and arguing without explaining anything, she raised her voice in irritation. “Stop bickering and explain!” her shout was answered with silence as both stared at her before finally, Lazirus spoke up. “I apologize, you are correct, Feli. I should not be participating in such petty games when we have such little time.” Lazirus waved his hand before him and suddenly Feliks was clawing at his mouth while making muffled sounds from behind his lips. Lazirus released her and rose to his feet before reaching out a hand with long, black painted nails that he wrapped around her arm to haul her to her feet. As they stood, she took a moment to take in this strange man. Lazirus was tall but thin, lithe, with long purple colored locks that fell perfectly straight all the way to his waist. His eyes were odd, black voids like nothing she had ever seen and his outfit was just as odd. The outfit consisted of a long black robe and a purple shawl of sorts that hung over his shoulders. “Come let me show you everything that has been hiding inside you.” As he spoke, the deep blackness before her was painted with images of a canyon full of brightly blooming flowers. It was like a living tapestry…like nothing she had ever seen before.

Innocent Sorrow: A Tale of Twisted Hearts Book Oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें