Chapter One

(Welcome to my story! I hope you all enjoy reading this book! It took me a year to write and I will be uploading every week! Anyway, please enjoy and leave commentary! Feel free to message me about anything as well!) 

Broken and bloody screams….swords clashed and war was waged…what did we start this for? You told me to fight for our dreams…is this what you meant? All of this death? Can you even see what I do here? Can you feel the lives lost? I wonder…do you remember the innocence that we once clung too? The joy with which we played in this very field now stained red? I remember…as I cut down your children, I remember more and more how we loved this land…your land. Now, for a dream that has long been corrupted, I raise my sword and strike down our people but I cannot fight for this dream any longer. I fight to find you, only you and as I slice down another man I feel nothing but hollow bitterness for all this world has come too.

When I find you, will you recognize me? Bloody at your feet will you save me? Will you still your blade and spare me?

~/~

~!~!~!~!~!~

Chapter 1

~!~!~!~!~!~

“What do you think will become of this country with that boy as the crown prince? He has the blood of a commoner in him!” A shrill voice questioned the reality.

Stop it…

“I know! It’s dreadful! If only the king would take a concubine and sire a true royal then we could be at peace. Instead he has this Halfling with such strange eyes and that hair like a common born child! Just like his mother!” Another offered an alternative reality…

Quiet, I don’t want to hear it! And yet another cursed reality.

“Feliks my boy, are you still sleeping? Get your lazy but up, child!” A shrill yet kind voice brought reality crashing down on the one who cursed it while sending those who denied it away.

“SHUT UP! I’m awake!” The annoyed shout came from the large canopy bed with a black duvet and long, sheer, lavender curtains the obscured the form of a disheveled, black haired boy with flashing purple eyes sat. His chin length, raven colored hair stuck out in many different directions but the stunning thing about the small boy was his expressive violet eyes. “If you’re awake then get up! Today is your eleventh birthday; you should be more cheerful than this. You also have lessons in an hour so you must get ready quickly! After that, your parents wish to see you.” An older maid with greying brunette hair spoke up from the doorway. Feliks glared at the maid, his eyes darkening slightly before giving way to a hurt filled expression. “Hilda, why do they always speak of such things? If father hadn’t found us, mother and I would be paupers living in the streets…if I had been born with lighter hair they wouldn’t have been able to say anything…” He trailed off sullenly.  The old maid smiled gently and walked over to the bed, sitting on the edge and brushing some of the hair out of the child’s face with long, wrinkled fingers. He had seen so much, heard so many things and yet he was still only eleven.

“Feliks…nay, Prince Feliks Orthan Beldan, Heir to the Throne of Beldan, you are loved by all who work in this palace and treasured by your parents. There is no need to fret over what some shunned noble ladies say. Not when Queen Matilda is one of the most loved Queens since the time of your great grandmother! Your father is a great King and no one would ever truly go against his decisions, King Gregory loves your mother and that’s all there is too it!” Feliks smiled slightly, his eyes lightening as he swung pale, bare legs over the side of the bed, feet meeting the ground with a soft pat. “Well then, if I am going to prove the court wrong, I probably shouldn’t be late to my lessons! That means you have to let me get changed Hilda!” The old woman gave a soft laugh and stood herself, brushing out her skirts and stepping to the door. “Yes, get dressed and call me back in when you’re ready to have your hair done!”