Chapter 13

Zayn's POV

Niall and I got back to his hotel room after Niall did allot of shopping. I didn't even know what he was buying by the end of our little outing, he just bought allot of stuff that I ended up carrying for him. There were only a few stops where people asked him for pictures and there were one or two paparazzi men out, but it wasn't anything too extreme. If anything, it was just a reminder to me that the Niall I know is an actual famous guy that everyone wants to be with. That's when I feel weird about being with him. I don't feel like I deserve it.

"Do you like golf?" Niall asked me when we walked into his hotel room. Alberto shut the door behind us and for the first time today we were alone. I knew Niall had completely forgotten about the body guard that stocked us all day because it was normal for him, but I didn't. I hated it the most when we were at that store I bought Niall some personal items. I just tried to act cool about it even though on the inside I felt my skin crawling with a feeling like that man really knew what was going on. I shook my thoughts and walked over to where Niall was sting on the ended of the bed flipping through some sports channels on the telly.

"I've never really liked sports. I always just stayed in the art room or the music room while the rest of the kids went to play football and stuff." I told him as I sat next to him. I felt his eyes on me as I took off my jacket and my shoes, but I didn't really want to get into the whole talk about how I've been alone since birth.

"Did you have friends that went there with you?" Niall asked me, making me know I wasn't getting out of this. It also reminded me of how much we still didn't know about each other.

"I never made friends because everyone thought I was weird. They also questioned my race quite a bit and some of the kids parents said to stay away from me. I realized when I was seven that I was different and I told myself different was cool just so I wouldn't feel bad about not having friends. I've lived by that every day of my life because even at twenty-two, I still have trouble making friends and talking to people." I said quietly, like I was trying to keep this a secret between us both. Niall set down the remote and crossed his legs to sit and listen to me more.

"I think you're great at making friends. You walked into that meet and greet with your sisters and all of us really liked you. They could relate to you because you were literally doing something you never would do a day in your life, but it was for your sisters so you did it. I liked you because you had a nice smile and to me a smile is the best thing to make some friends." Niall whispered back to me. I rolled my eyes at him, but couldn't help but smile at him. Niall leaned in and kissed me shortly then looked over my face like he was wondering if I was real.

"I bet you had allot of friends. Your smile is contagious." I chuckled quietly to him. He shook his head and scoot back on the bed so he was sitting in the middle of it. I moved to sit next to him and looked at his blushing cheeks.

"I had crooked teeth until I was seventeen and finally got braces. That was very embarrassing because I was in this huge boy band and I was the ugly one with braces. I had allot of friends, but only because I tried really hard to get everyone to like me. I was short and didn't hit puberty till really late so I could have been bullied. I just kept the enemies close to me and tried making everyone laugh." Niall told me, but I knew he didn't want to say that he knows everyone loved him the second they meet him. It's just his personality to be drawn to him and to want to like him. To add to his amazing personality, he's pretty cute too.

"I think you're just a loveable person. You're cute, cuddly and happy. What more could you want from someone?" I chuckled to him. Niall moved so he could move the way I was sitting so he could straddle my lap. He fit perfectly there and his arms wrapped around my neck, his hands playing with the hair in the back on my neck. I had both arms around his waist that had a soft curve to it that drove me crazy.