Chapter 9

Zayn's POV

This was all definitely interesting. After I had left lunch with Niall yesterday to go back to work, we had had been texting none stop. Even during his concert he was texting me and while I pierced some guys nipples at the tattoo shop I was able to respond to him. I felt like I was back in high school flirting with guys that I knew I could get them in bed or even just for someone to talk to because I liked them. With Niall, he was both.

I had left the radio studio a little earlier so I could go home and study for a big test I had. That was the nice thing about being a student intern. Your boss is forced to let you leave if it's something school related. So I took advantage of that and got back to my flat that still had no electricity and no hot water. I've just resorted to using candles and flashlights and taking thirty second showers. I would pay for my utilities, but I kind of didn't have any money. I would ask my parents, but they didn't need to pay for me anymore. I'm too old for my parents to help me out.

As I sat in my semi lit living room, I continued to text Niall and study at the same time. He was actually a really smart person for not finishing school. I had learned that fun fact yesterday when he told me. I set my phone down to looked through my notes really fast, but my phone started ringing next to me before I could get anything done. I picked it up and saw it was Niall.

"What do you want?" I asked over the phone like he was a huge nuisance in my life. Really he was the opposite, but it didn't hurt to start a little banter.

"I want to suck you off. Where do you live?" He replied softly. I wasn't really expecting that comment so I sat there with my mouth open and my imagination slowly beginning to take off somewhere it shouldn't.

"I live in Bradford. Where do you live?" I asked Niall in return, trying to sound cool, but my voice was a little too thick. Niall sighed happily and laughed before telling me he didn't have a home then asking me the question again but this time it was more serious. I gave him my address and asked him why he needed it, but I never got an answer to that. All I got was Niall telling me a long story about how last night during the concert Liam dumped a whole water bottle down the back of Louis' jeans.

My intercom buzzed in the middle of me and Niall's conversation, which I figured it would be the land lord asking me if I liked to sit in the dark or if I wanted to pay for utilities. He was a grumpy sarcastic old man that hated me because he thought I would throw some wild party, but I never have so he can calm his wrinkled old balls.

"Niall, there's someone at my door. I'll call you back in a few." I told Niall. He told me he hoped it was a murderer to kill me, but then hung up before I could yell at him back that his comment was completely unnecessary. With that scary feeling, I went to my door and unlocked it before opening it slowly only to be met with beautiful blue eyes and nearly styled blonde hair.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked in shock that Niall Horan was now at my door. He blushed and took and few steps forward. I knew that ment he wanted a kiss so I kissed his soft lips, then opened my door to let him into my flat that I was actually embarrassed he would be seeing.

"I was in the area again and decided to visit an old friend. How are you, mate? What has it been? Less than twenty-four hours?" Niall joked. I laughed as I locked all the locks on my door before turning to see he was already looking around my flat a little.

"Let me show you around." I mumbled to him. I hated where I lived, but I figured it was better than living in a dorm room. I don't do well with people, so I just rather live here on my own.

Niall laced his fingers with mine as I showed him my kind of dark flat. It was a small place actually. The kitchen was only separated by a wall in the living room and there was a tiny hall that led to the single bedroom and bathroom. Niall looked at the pictures I had of the girls and my parents hanging up and also looked at the small amount of musical instruments I had kind of stashed in a corner in my small bedroom. At one point he reached to flip on the light switch in the kitchen and then he realized it didn't work. I looked down and felt like screaming at him to get out or crying because my life is so pathetic.