Chapter 2

Niall's POV

Sometimes it feels like I'm a viewer looking in on my own life. The flashing cameras seem to make me feel like this isn't my life. I have no idea how traveling to a different country or city almost every night, playing in front of thousands of people and getting to hang out with some of the coolest musicians became my life. Sometimes I find myself sitting back and looking at all that's happened to me in the past five years and think that I'm really the luckiest guy in the world. It feels like there's no way this is my life and I'm waiting to wake up and it all be a dream, but it's all mine and I don't think I would ever want it to change. Never in a million years.

The private plane we were all on thumped into a landing, waking up all of our crew and the other boys. It was some ungodly hour in the morning that we had just arrived back in London. I was the only one awake just because I can never seem to sleep on an airplane. It just gave me time to think. Also, I think it's because traveling is still an exciting thing for me. It doesn't matter if we've been to the destination before or if it was really late at night or early in the morning. It was exciting because it was going to be fun no matter where we were going.

"Niall, did you get some sleep?" Liam asked me from over my shoulder. He was sitting in the seat behind me. Both his arms wrapped around the seat to rest his hands on my shoulders. Liam has always felt like he needed to take care of me or something like that. Ever since we were put together as a band, he's always made sure I've slept enough and eaten enough and I'm not going to get into trouble. It's nice to have that because I never truly finished growing up with someone taking care fo me. Liam just kind of took over that. I don't mind even now that I'm a twenty-two year old man.

"I couldn't sleep, but I'll probably crash when we get to the hotel." I told him. He gave my shoulders a squeeze before standing up and stretching as best as he could.

"Payno, do you have a cigarette I can take off your hands?" I heard Louis asked from the back of the plane. I wrinkled up my nose at that because I hate when Louis smokes. I'm always so afraid he's going to get lung cancer or he's going to ruin his voice and that will be the end of the band.

That's the only time Louis and I really bud heads. Other than that, I think he's probably the best human in the world. He's caring and kind and he's just really funny. I would do anything for him to be happy or for him to smile. It's just a weird thing that's almost like I want the older man to be proud of me. He's like the older brother that I wished I could have had. My and my older brother never got along and even now we don't get along very well, but having Louis kind of makes it like I have a normal brother type relationship.

From the back of the plane I heard Harry start asking someone if we were there yet even though the plane landed. Sometimes I feel bad for Harry because he gets the wrap of being spacey and slow. He is, but it's not the way everyone thinks he is. He's an intelligent guy that has an old soul and sometimes that's what makes it hard for everyone to wrap their minds around his sense of humor or the way he thinks. It's never been like that for me though. Maybe that's just because we were both viewed as the babies of the group since day one that we just understand each other. It's nice to say he is probably my best friend and the only person that I actually make happy.

Being looked at as innocent or a baby is hard because everyone tries to take care or me. I can never take care of someone else. However, when I'm given the chance to give advice to one of the boys or someone in our crew is having a bad day and come to me to cheer them up, I take full advantage of that. I just want to make everyone happy. I'm a happy person within myself and my life. I want to share that with others as well.

I love my band because we're all best friends. There's no one that's closer than others or someone that's an ass that just doesn't want to be here. We all love what we do and love each other. Well, I take back what I say for the closer part. Louis and Harry are close on a level none of us will ever be on, but that's what kind of gives the band a bit more character. We all add something that gives character to our relationships with each other. Only they know that I'm not exactly the straightest man in the world and only we know that Louis actually did kiss laid on stage accidentally no matter how much they both try to deny it. That didn't end well with management, but we all look past it and see its pretty funny now. Harry doesn't, but the rest of us laugh. That's what makes interviews fun. We all have jokes and we all know there's some things we auve to lie about, so we make jokes of it. It's fun sometimes and only adds to the fun adventures of our lives.