Prologue

Zayn's POV

I finished putting away the last of the new CDs on the shelf just before my shift should be over. I knew from here I needed to head down to my second job I had. Strangely on top of working as a paid intern at this local radio station and being a part time tattoo artist at a shop near here, I was also a student at the University studying music.

The way I lived felt boring in a way. It was just the same thing I do everyday and it's just a regular life. Don't get me wrong, I love my life, but there's points where I feel like there's something more I could be doing.

"Malik, did you get the new singles?" The DJ asked me as he popped his head out of the booth for a second. His name was Nick Grimshaw and he felt like he played better mixes than Calvin Harris. Unfortunately, I had no room to make criticism of his work because I'm just an intern and he actually got a job as the DJ. He's also pretty tight in the celebrity world and he's really good at his radio show so I can't judge. I guess I just don't like his taste in music is all.

"I have them now, but was going to go through them to make sure we got all the new ones." I told him. He just nodded and went back into his booth as I went through the box of CDs. I marked off on the paper for the ones that I had until I came across one we didn't have.

Part of me rolled my eyes because it was one that would cause girls to be tweeting us to why we're not playing One Direction's new single. Well the answer to that is we didn't get it in. We never get those singles in on time because everyone is always getting them because of how high demand it is, however some times the BBC just gets over looked somehow. Luckily, the release date on the single is in a few weeks so we can get it by then. We're also supposed to be the first station playing it, but for now we'll be the last station to have it.

I took the box up to the booth and knocked lightly. Nick called for me to come in a so I did then set the box down. He gestured for me to sit down and be quiet as he pressed the on air button.

"Just another reminder we have one last set of four tickets to see One Direction live at the O2 Arena. These are VIP tickets to meet them back stage before seeing them right in the front row. Call in and play the game of name that song to win! Now here's Drag Me Down on the BBC Radio 1." Nick said then turned off the on air sign. He turned to me in his chair and started looking through the box then groaned when he saw what was missing.

"Those boys will be here in a few weeks to show off their single that we don't even have. This is bloody bullshit. Anyway, I have something for you. You've been working here for three years now, yeah? I'd like to give you a raise, but you're an intern so that means no raises so I'll just give you these. You have little brothers, right?" Nick asked me as he handed me a white envelope. I looked at him and shook my head.

"I have two little sisters and one older sister." I corrected the man I've been working with for three years now. He waved off the correction and no just told me to open the envelope. Once I did I found four VIP tickets to see One Direction.

That moment was when I really had to test my high school acting skills. I hate pop music some times and when it's boy bands, that's where I really draw the line. But me being a big brother to a girl that has more posters of the four boys than our whole family had of family photos, I knew this was the best thing ever.

"Thank you so much. The girls are going to absolutely die. This is really great." I told him. He shook my hand and smiled proudly at me. He went on to tell me that he had two sets actually but wanted to give one to me and give the other to the people hat called in to play the game. I walked out of his booth after thanking him again and went to get my jacket and book bag before leaving the building. I made sure to put those tickets safely in my bag because I knew I would die if I lost those. My sisters would hate me even more though.

I got to the tattoo shop and went to the back to clean up my hands and slip on some more punk looking shirt. For the radio station I have to dress nice, for this job I have to dress like a bad ass tattoo artist. No one really knows all I am is a nerd that loves his sisters and reads comics. I'm none of the people I pretend to be through out my day.

I guess that's also why I can't get involved with someone. They don't know who they're falling for or who they'll be dating because my exterior is different than my interior. Inside I'm really someone who loves to learn about someone and who they are, but outside I look like the fuck and go type guy. That doesn't really matter because I know me and my family knows me. If there's a special someone that wants to know the real me to then they're welcome to come along.

As I sat down at my stool and look over the spot on the woman's boob that I would be tattooing a pair of puckered red lips, u thought that I guess this is my life and it's exciting. Well it's not exactly exciting to tattoo a random lady's boob, but it's my life and I like it. Sometimes I really do wish for just a little excitement.

A/N: A new story?!?!??! WHAT?!?!?! haha here's the prologue!!! This will be a roller-coaster of smut, fluff, sadness and more smut! I hope you're ready!!!! Comment / Vote!
- Bri;)