Epilogue

Six Months later:

Brook’s POV:

I smile softly as I press my hand against my lower back and look down at the bump in front of me.

The baby was ready to drop and I couldn’t wait. My back was killing me and this little one seemed to love kicking me in the middle of the night.

            Jack and I are still living in the same house together, although we have much better security after that night six months ago.

We announced our engagement a few months back after Jack got me a ring and I’ve never been so happy.

Even though there has been so many things that have happened in such a short time, good and bad, I’m happier than I have ever been in my life.

My mum and Nate are starting to come round to the fact Jack and I was together, though I don’t think they will ever completely accept what’s between us fully and I know they don’t feel the engagement is right, but they are trying to make it work.

After that night in the hospital, all four of us spoke and they don’t want to lose us anymore than we want to lose them, so we are trying. If it works out or not is yet to be seen; but with any luck, everything will work out ok in the end.

            The day Rick kidnapped me was the worst day of my life, and I don’t think it will ever stop haunting me, but I have a feeling that certain events in life take place for a reason.

Rick was sentenced to fifteen years in prison after everything he’d done, yet I know, if it wasn’t for Larissa having been there that day, I’d probably be dead.

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I look around our finally finished home and smile.

Jack had taken a better paid job a few weeks ago and was thinking about one day opening up his own garage, but with the extra money he’d made, we’d been able to refurbish the whole living room and finish off getting everything in for the baby.

Looking around me, I smile happily as I watch those closed to family chat and laugh in the room.

Because the house was finished and everything had finally settled down, Jack and I invited everyone over for a few drinks and food as a sort of, ‘new home party.’

Letting my gaze wander around the room, I spot Cole holding hands with his girlfriend, who he’s still dating. Frankie is laughing at something Lucas has said and I can’t help but wonder if dark, secretive Lucas may just be gay.

I have to laugh gently when I catch sight of Kristy and Jane arguing and Ken suddenly stepping in when the finger pointing begins, thankful for Ken’s presence to stop my house being smashed to hell.

Slowly, my eyes move towards Trey, who’s talking to Ryan.

Ryan had been frantic that night at the hospital after he’d heard that Larissa was in surgery. He’d pulled in on himself, closed himself off and everyone had been worried.

It was obvious as soon as he started harassing the doctors that he was madly in love with my best friend.

It had hurt to see him in such pain and know that whatever you did, you couldn’t help him.

            I watch now as Ryan grins, nodding as Trey adds something else and Ryan’s arm pulls Larissa protectively closer to his side.

It had been touch and go after her operation, but six months later, Larissa was healing well and completely in love with Ryan.

Her smile doesn’t fault as she looks towards me, as if sensing my gaze on her and she grins happily, her eyes shining brightly in the summer sun.

She nods and smiles and I know she’s ok, that she will heal and be happier than she ever was, because she survived, she’s alive and more than anything else, she’s in love.

Two arms are suddenly wrapping around me and I lean back against Jack’s chest and sigh happily.

“So, are you going to tell me or do I have to beg?” Jack asks as he presses his lips against my neck and I smile brightly as I cover his hands with my own as they lay over our baby.

“You know I love it when you beg, especially in bed,” I whisper teasingly as I look up at him and he grins down at me.

“I promise to beg later then, but first, tell me, are we having a boy or a girl?” Jack never found out what sex the baby was going to be, I on the other hand, hadn’t been able to resist asking.

“What do you think of the name...Talin, Tally for short?” I whisper now, smiling excitedly and unable to wait much longer to hold my baby girl in my arms for the first time.

“I love it,” Jack murmurs, his smile so damn perfect that I can’t help but feel as if I’m falling in love with him all over again.

His lips take mine in a kiss so full of love and longing happiness that I know without a shadow of a doubt, I will always love him, that I will always be loved by him.

Turing, I wrap my arms around his neck and smile into the kiss.

Life, I’ve found out, isn’t as straight forward as black and white.

You can’t predict what the future holds, but if there is one thing I’ve learnt, it’s that I was damn lucky that god gave me the chance to win Jack’s heart, even if it was only, Just Once.

The End.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know what you thought of this book.

the good and the bad, the characters, the plot, the storyline!

What was your favourite part in the whole book?

If you liked this story, check out book two of the Just Once Series; Book 2, Just Once More. Talin's Story!!!! ;)

Also please follow me on Instagram, link below!

https://www.instagram.com/jadelloyd_author?igsh=ZDhucXV2bDFzbzYw