Chapter Ten

Brook’s POV:

Hard lips pressed against mine and I closed my eyes as his hands caged my hips and he pulled me closer to his chest.

I kissed him back, my hands resting on his chest, to stop my breasts crushing up against him and told myself to get Jack out of my head.

I was thankful when Rick pulled back and smiled down at me, “I love you,” he said as he brushed a piece of my hair back behind me ear.

“And you,” I smiled, not able to actually say those three words to him anymore.

“Have a good trip and I’ll see you tomorrow night, hopefully,” he said now and I smiled, nodding with fake enthusiasm.

“Ok,” I said as I picked my backpack up off the floor and headed over to the coach.

“Bye, baby!” he called and I turned and waved before getting onto the coach.

            I hadn’t slept much last night, tossing and turning with images of Jack and Katie in my head. I’d been up by six, packing, showered and eaten breakfast by eight and left with my mum and Jack an hour later.

It was now nearly ten in the morning and the coach was due to leave in five minutes. Jack had said bye to my mum and then vanished and I hadn’t seen him since.

Now, I scanned the seats and seen he wasn’t on the coach yet. He’s probably with her, my mind murmured and I mentally shook my head to clear away the thought. It was none of my business who he dated!

“Brook!” Larissa shouted, standing up, “come sit here,” she beamed. Getting to my seat was easier said than done. Everyone seemed to be debating where to sit, or standing in the small walkway talking to each other.

It took me all over two minutes to get from one end of the coach to the other!

“Hey,” I smiled as I sat down next to Larissa. She was nearly bouncing in her seat.

“Hey. I’m so excited, I’m going camping,” she laughed her face lighting up with an eagerness I hadn’t seen since we were little and she used to get excited every time she seen the Ice Cream Man.

Laughing I shook my head, “Calm down or you’re going to piss yourself,” I teased.

“Oh my god, I can’t believe you remember that!” she cried in fake horror, covering her face she grinned a second later, “I was really excited that day,” she said in self defence.

“Yeah, I know,” I laughed, “you got so excited about the Ice Cream Man, you pissed yourself,” I grinned.

“It was a hot day!” she cried out, laughing so hard, tears streamed down her face.

“Yeah, sure, make up some lame excuse why don’t you,” I said now, smiling brightly at the easy joy of laughing with my best friend and letting all those other thoughts drift away.

“Yeah, I will. Thank you very much,” she said now, pulling her tongue at me, “and if I remember correctly, I wasn’t the one who throw up all over that hot guy two years back,” she said now and I gasped.

“That was an accident, I was ill, I had food poisoning,” I said now and she just shook her head.

“Yeah, yeah, make any lame excuse up, why don’t you,” she shot back and I laughed, I couldn’t help it, I rolled my eyes and shook my head and then, I froze.

The smile slipping from my lips as I watched Jack walking down the aisle of the coach, holding Katie’s hand and pulling her along behind him.

“And I also remember the time you...” Larissa was saying, oblivious to the fact I was unable to move.