Chapter Seven

Brook’s POV:

I admit, even if it was only to myself, being just friends with Jack was hard and I knew he had heard the conversation I’d had with Rick on the way home yesterday afternoon.

 Rick was so damn loud when he was on the phone.

Well, he was always loud, be his voice seemed to shout down your ear when he called you.

            It was six O’clock and Rick was due in an hour’s time. I’d just gotten out of the shower and I was looking through my wardrobe.

Even though I wasn’t very girly and I didn’t like pink, I was still feminine and I love dresses.

My mum is always telling me to stop buying summer clothes in the winter and buy jumpers and things instead, but I couldn’t help it.

Luckily for me, it was summer and for the past few weeks, the nights had been warm. So I riffled through my dresses and pulled out my four favourites.

One was an evening dress, one was a summer dress, the other was a night out dress and the last was a casual dress.

Tying my hair back, I put on my bra and knickers and tried on the evening dress.

It was a black, fitted dress, with a V neck. It was more for a cocktail party, which is why I had it, my mum and Nate dragged Jack and I along to Nate’s business cocktail party last year.

I took it off and tried on the casual dress, it was nice; it was a self tie bowknot shoulder dress with an elastic waist. It was a black and red flower pattern dress and it flowed around my legs. I liked it... but my eyes fell on my summer dress and I bit my lip, before pulling the dress off and picked the summer dress up.

It was a white cross over strap back, with a full skirted dress, which hugged the waist and flared below. It had a gorgeous red pattern on with a zip up back.

I tied the back behind my neck and let my hair down, I smiled. This was the dress; I reached behind me and managed to zip the back of the dress half way up, before my arm refused to do anymore.

I’d finished it in a minute.

I curled my hair and then pinned the sides back with clips, leaving a tendril to fall to the side of my face.

Nodding to myself, I pulled my make-up bag out, which I hardly ever used and applied a light touch of make-up to my face.

I kept it natural, just adding power, blusher, eyeliner, eye shadow, lip gloss and a touch of mascara.

I then stepped back and looked in the mirror. I had done a pretty good job, even if I did say so myself.

I wasn’t gorgeous, I knew that, but I smiled brightly as I seen the result of my work.

I light tap on the door and I looked in the mirror towards the door as it opened and Jack came in.

He stilled for a second and I held my breath. Why did I feel like this when I knew it was wrong?

His eyes roam over my back and I realise I haven’t full zipped it, before I could say or do anything about it, he moved further into the door, closing the door behind him.

He didn’t say a thing as he stepped up close behind me, brushed my hair over one shoulder and began to slowly zip the back of my dress up. His fingers trailing slowly up my bare back as the zip followed.

I couldn’t help the way my breath increased, or the way my eyes drift closed. Just for a second, a split second in time, no one would no but us, no one would find out.