Chapter Sixteen

Jack’s POV:

I woke up in my own bed, Brook asleep next to me, her hand resting on my chest lightly as I held her close to me.

After the night we had made love, we hadn’t had sex again, just like we had agreed, but we had become even closer. Making out had taken on a whole new meaning and I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that I loved Brooklyn Jones.

We’d flown back in last night and had fallen into bed together sometime after three in the morning. I could hear my dad and Maria in the kitchen downstairs, but I didn’t want to move, I didn’t want to wake Brook up.

“What time is it?” her voice was so beautiful. It seemed to wrap around me and pull me in.

“Early, my dad is still home,” I mumbled, but I knew we had to get up in a minute. We had college today.

“I don’t want to get up,” Brook murmured as she curled into me, her soft, warm breasts pressing against me. We had taken to sleeping naked with each other, well, when I say we’d taken to it, it just seemed to happen when we were kissing, every night.

“I know, baby, but we have to,” I said now, I needed to call things off with Katie and I knew Brook was also wanting to call things off with Rick.

There was no time like the present and after the week away we’d both had, we’d both agreed that being together, even though we never made love except that one night, was what we wanted.

“Katie and Rick,” she mumbled and I pressed my lips to her forehead. She didn’t have to say anything; I knew she was nervous about how Rick would take it.

“It’ll be ok, love,” I said gently and she nodded.

“I better go get dressed then, the last thing I need is to be late on my first day back,” she said as she sat up and looked around the room for her top.

“Here,” I smiled holding out her top, she took hold of it and instead of letting her go, I pulled her to me and kissed her.

“Jack!” she scolded quietly as she laughed.

“You know you love me,” I teased as I pushed her back onto the bed and kissed her.

“I do, I really do, but I have to get ready,” she said as I kissed her again, causing her to moan.

“Let me drive you to college today,” I whispered against her ear as I grazed my teeth over her earlobe and she shivered.

“I...” smiling, I sucked the skin on her neck and she moaned, “Ok,” she gasped and I pulled away.

“Good, you can go get ready now,” I smiled, growling as she scowled at me, she stole a quick kiss off me and jumped out of bed.

I watched her as she put her vest top back on and her pyjama pants, fixed her hair and then turned to look at me.

“I love you, Jack,” she said gently and I grabbed her hand and pulled her down to me.

“I love you more, Brook,” I said against her lips, pressing one more kiss to her, before letting her go. She slipped out the door quickly and a second later, I heard her own door click shut.

I flopped back onto the bed and sighed, wishing she was still in my arms. I was well and truly whipped, and it was awesome.

·       

The whole drive to college I held her hand in mine, her fingers interlocked with my own, but I could feel how nervous she was.