Chapter 24

Two weeks later....

The couple was moved into a cozy condo downtown, still having a few things packed but they were living comfortably. The move was easy, Ashton helping move lots of Michael's things and helping with moving Luke's belongings out of the dorm. They had extra things in the second bedroom, unsure what to make of that as of now. Most people in the condominium were old, wealthy people who were nice to the couple, being very welcoming.

Luke was unpacking some pictures Michael had brought, giggling at how cute he looked when he was younger.

"Mikey?" he asked as he set the frame on a shelf, easily reaching it thanks to his long legs.

Michael hummed from the other side of the room, currently setting out some throw pillows along the couch. Luke set out another picture, biting his lip softly.

"Where are your parents?" he asked curiously, making Mikey stop. The younger boy looked at him and shrugged a little.

"They're always on business trips, I've told you before. They don't mind me living on my own because they trust me," he explained. He didn't ask about Luke's parents, already knowing that the boy was grown enough to live on his own and his parents were living comfortably in the suburbs.

Luke nodded and smiled shyly, recalling when Michael did tell him that. "Can I meet them one day? You're parents look so kind and friendly," he said softly, admiring the pictures where Michael was about five.

Mikey watched Luke smiled fondly, shrugging a little. "Of course. I mean you'll have to meet them eventually," he said, hugging Luke from behind.

The blonde giggled and nodded, setting the frame down with sincerity then twirling around to face Michael.

"I say we go get lunch," he said and grinned widely, his dimples popping out.

Michael hummed in agreement and nodded, taking Luke's hand. "Let's go to that little diner," he said as they stepped into their shoes, being the lead as they walked to the restaurant.

Luke followed along, walking down the street and going into the small, retro-like diner. It wasn't too fancy but not necessarily trashy. Luke had found the place quite lovely, as well as Michael.

"A burger sounds so good right now," the boy said, skipping off to their usual booth. Luke laughed softly and walked to it, sitting down across Michael. He didn't bother grabbing the menu from the side stand on the table, already knowing his order.

Mikey hummed and looked at the milkshakes, trying to figure out which one he wanted this time. Luke watched the younger boy, smiling softly to himself and giggling. Before too long, a waitress walked over and smiled, well recognizing the two because they often came to the diner since they were still settling into the condo.

"Hello, boys. What can I get for you today?" she asked kindly. Luke smiled up at the waitress, her name being Katherine. He found the woman kind and friendly. She was a middle-aged woman with light brown hair, always having it tied up in a messy bun. She worked full-time at the diner and frequently made conversation with the couple as they waited for their meal, knowing them by their first names and even letting them call her "Kathy".

"I'll have my regular burger and a vanilla shake," Michael said with a wide, sweet smile. She giggled softly and nodded, scribbling briefly onto her notepad.

"And you sir?" Katherine asked Luke, the blonde smiling warmly. "I'll have my usual as well and a sweet iced tea," he said, watching her repeat the previous actions then tuck the notepad into her apron.

"Alrighty! The drinks will be out shortly," she said then went to the counter to put the order in.

Luke turned back to Michael and smiled, resting his face in his hands, his elbows propped up on the table. Mikey giggled softly and mirrored Luke's position, giving him goo-goo eyes and smiling widely.