This confession is not forgiveness

Clipping on my wide belt, I sighed. Tonight is the ball in my honour. "Honestly, Ciel doesn't have to do this" I grumbled. I smoothed the top layer of fabric on my dress and smiled, "but, it is quite sweet of him."

 Stepping out of the hallway to the front room, I gasped. The whole room was completely packed with people. ~Ciel, I thought I said NOT too many people, do you even listen?!~ A quiet (loud) cough brought me out of my mental rant, and I looked up to see Ciel's smirking face.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for attending this ball tonight. I would like to introduce our guest of honour, for whom this celebration is for. Thalia!"

 Hearing my name I stepped next to Ciel and plastered a vague smile across my face. Accepting Ciel's outstretched arm, I let him escort me down the staircase, to the main floor, where people were dancing and generally having a good time. Many people greeted me, but my eyes were searching for someone special. Craning my neck, I caught sight of his tall, handsome figure, and I began to make my way over to him, completely forgetting about Ciel and the others who wanted to talk with me. Grinning giddily, I reached out to tap his shoulder, until I caught sight of the woman latched onto his arm. She had the prettiest caramel blonde hair, crystalline blue eyes and a wonderfully curvy figure. She was, the perfect woman. It was like she had been manufactured by the love goddess Aphrodite herself. I almost yanked her arms away from my butler until I caught sight of his face. Sebastian was smiling. ~But....he never smiles like that...around me.... a darker part of my thoughts replied ~oh please Red, like you would stand a chance against her, he thinks nothing of you.~  

Something inside me snapped, I've never felt like this before. It's like all my reason to live, all of who I am had disappeared. ~This is unfair. Unfair that SHE can have him. I always have to make the sacrifice, can't I ever be happy?!  I turned away, furiously shaking my head. ~Crying won't do you any good. You have to stay strong.... maybe I should leave. They don't need me anymore~ I slowly made my way towards the huge double doors, placing my hand on the brass doorknob, I gently began to twist it open, only to stop abruptly at the sound of my name. 

"Thalia! Our guest of honour shall now sing something for us." I inwardly cursed 

~Ciel, you little-~ I turned to see him at the top of the staircase, butler and woman by his side. I gritted my teeth and stiffly curtseyed, making my way over to the grand piano, I whispered profanities bad enough to make a sailor faint. Gingerly placing my fingers on the smooth keys of the piano, I opened my mouth and began to sing.

When the curtains call is the last of all.

When the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl.

So they dug your grave, and the masquerade will come calling out,
At the mess you made.

Don't wanna let you down, but I am
Hellbound.
Though this is all for you, don't wanna hide the truth.
No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed.

This is my kingdom come.

When you feel my heat, look into my eyes.
It's where my demons hide,
Don't get too close, it's dark inside.
It's where my demons hide,

They say it's what you make,
I say its up to fate.
It's woven in my soul,
I need to let you go.
Your eyes they shone so bright,
I wanna save their light.
I can't escape this now.
Unless you show me how!

I finished with a loud last note and risked a glance at the audience. They were all smiling, some wiping tears out of their eyes. Ciel had a very evident smirk upon his lips, his ever-faithful butler had a slight blur of guilt in his crimson eyes, and the woman looked absolutely disgusted. I glared at her. ~Screw this. It ends tonight~ 

I strode purposefully to the staircase and up the stairs. I shoved the woman out of my way, who was sadly caught by Sebastian. "What are you doing?!" Ciel hissed. I gave an apologetic smile and crossed my fingers behind my back. "Tell you later." As he and his butler made their way down the stairs, into the curious crowd, I leapt onto the bannister at the top of the stair. Giving a deep deep sigh I tilted my head down. You know what you have to do Red. Mumbled the voice from my dreams. I gave a slight nod, then addressed the guests below with a smirk.
"Ladies and gentlemen."
I grinned and spread my arms in the air as their attention was turned to me.

"I have a confession."

~~~~~~~

A/N song for this chapter : Demons by Imagine Dragons.