The Murder of Madame Red

I yawned loudly as I walked up the steps to Ciel's townhouse, he wasn't expecting me, but I wanted to see his face when he found out that the Viscount wasn't actually jack the ripper. Pulling a hairpin from my messy hair, I effectively picked the lock and walked in.

~~~slightly earlier~~~
Ciel sat in the front room contentedly sipping a cup of tea. Picking up the newspaper off of a small table in front of him he read the headline. 'JACK THE RIPPER STRIKES AGAIN' and 'THE ASSASSIN OF RED IS BACK' Ciel growled in frustration and threw the newspaper to the ground angrily. "SO THE VISCOUNT WASN'T JACK THE RIPPER, I DRESSED LIKE THAT FOR NOTHING! AND THE ASSASSIN OF RED IS STILL AT LARGE!" At that moment, Lau and Madame Red walked into the room. Madame Red giggled, "but Ciel, you looked so cute in that dress!" Lau nodded in agreement as Ciel stared agitatedly at everyone, including Sebastian. Suddenly an amused voice broke through the silence. "Oh, you found out then? Pity, I wanted to see your reaction." Thalia (Red) strolled leisurely into the room, rubbing her eyes and yawning. Ciel and Madame Red sweatdropped.
"How did you get in?"
"Oh, I picked the lock"
"What with?"
"Hairclip."
Thalia plopped down in a chair and smiled at Sebastian, then proceeded to close her eyes and fall asleep.
"Sebastian, take her up to one of the guest rooms to rest." He bowed deeply, "yes my Lord."
Sebastian gently picked Thalia up bridal style and walked into one of the rooms. He placed her softly on the bed and was about to leave when a tug on his tailcoat stopped him. "Sebastian" Thalia murmured sleepily "you know who Jack the ripper is, don't you?" He nodded. Thalia let a faint grin grace her lips. "So do I." And with those words, she fell into a deep slumber.

~~~Thalia's (Red's) dream~~~
I was in a grassy meadow with a strange instrument on the ground before me. It had four strings and was in the shape of an axe. A deep voice boomed. "Is that the weapon of your choice?" I found myself nodding, unable to find the owner of the words. It spoke again "I will aid you, give you skill and wit. I will tell you the future and give you many songs, but you will have to pay." The meadow darkened and I found myself in a pit, surrounded by fire "pay with what?!" I screamed and the disembodied voice laughed "I think you already know." I yelled out, trying to escape, then I slipped and started to fall towards what I knew were the burning flames of Hell.

I woke up gasping ~these dreams seem to happen more often now, I wonder why....~ I looked out the window, ~how long was I asleep?~ the darkness of the sky seemed to answer me as I slid out of the bed and downstairs. Tiptoeing into looked like a living room, I slowly opened the door and walked inside. I was met with the gaze of Ciel and Sebastian, who seemed like they were getting ready to go out. Obviously I knew where they were going. "Off to find Jack the Ripper then?" I smiled amiably. Ciel eyed e cautiously "yes, and I assume you're going to come?" "Yep" I smirked giving him a thumbs up. He sighed and I patted his head, "come on, let's go!" Running out of the door, I sighed in satisfaction.

~~Le petit time skip~~
We ran towards the door of the most recent, and last victim of Jack the Ripper. Sebastian covered Ciel's eyes, but, the damage was already done. He doubled over, retching at the dismembered body that was Mary Kelly. I frowned slightly and grabbed Sebastian's arm. He raised an eyebrow and called out, "quite a mess you've made...Jack the ripper, or should I say, Grell Sutcliff!"

~~Another little timeskip~~~
Grell fell to the ground, Sebastian right behind her. As he lifted up Grell's death scythe, I placed a hand on his shoulder to stop his "Oh you kind girl, I knew someone would save me!" Grell blathered but she came to a stop when I hooked an arm around her neck and slid out a dagger from my coat pocket. "You killed Angelina." I started, seething with anger, "you killed the woman who gave me food, care, love and the only person I could consider as family." She gulped visibly "uh, what are you doing? I mean-" I pressed the dagger into his neck, drawing little droplets of blood. "YOU KILLED HER!" I screamed, blood boiling with rage "and now, Im going to kill you, for payback, for killing a woman I thought of as my only family." Still tightly gripping the panicked reapers neck, I snatched his chainsaw from Sebastian and swung it towards Grell's heart. Suddenly, something that resembled hedge clippers landed in between the scythe and Grell's trembling body. The man whom I assumed the shears belonged to, landed by me bowed stiffly. "Hello, I am the reaper William T. Spears, I have come from the dispatch for the useless reaper, Grell Sutcliff." I held Grell by her collar and threw her at William, who caught her by his face. I shot Grell a look of utter disgust "good, I'm done with her." I promptly collapsed onto the cold cobblestone ground and wept.

~~Timeskip, cause I'm lazy~~~
Ciel leant over the broken body that was Madame Red, or rather Angelina Durless. I let a few tears dribble down my cheeks, as I knelt next to her. Even though usually I kept my emotions in check, I had lost a good friend. Thinking back on the events of tonight, I thought back on the red-headed grim reaper and the reaper with the blank face. I had never really believed in the supernatural, but after seeing Madame Reds death, and the Reaper that had killed her, it seemed all too real for my liking.
I wish Angelina hadn't died.

~~flashback~~
I was at the market, trying to find something to eat, I had no money, and it was long before I got my job as an assassin. Desperately, I made a mad dash to grab a piece of fruit. Sadly, I got caught, but before the storekeeper could press charges, a beautiful woman with short red hair stepped forward. 'I'll pay for it.'
After hearing I had nowhere to stay, she insisted I live with her. I declined, deciding to continue living on the streets, but she always paid for me to have food. I was forever grateful. And we became good friends.

~~~A few weeks before~~~
'Angelina! You can't do this! Please, you'll get arrested, or thrown into jail' she had just sighed and replied 'don't you see Red? They took away something I couldn't have, it has to be this way!' She sighed 'I don't want to drag you into this Red, so, at all costs, you must pretend not to know me' 'but!' I interrupted 'please Red! Promise me' I had frowned, seeing that my best friend was too broken and hurt to go back on her actions.
~~~End of flashback~~~

I shook my head, trying to block out the memories of Angelina Durless, my best friend who was dead to the world. I hadn't noticed I was being carried by Sebastian back to Ciel's manor. I didn't protest as Sebastian soothingly patted my back, while his crimson eyes were fixed worriedly on Ciel.  Looking down at said boy, his face was emotionless but I could see the rage, sadness and guilt riddled in his single, azure eye.