One dead man

Heads turned towards the new latecomer, her heels clicking on the marble floor. She was wearing a midnight blue dress, with multiple layers, floating around her curvy figure. Her hair was pinned up in an elegant bun, with a few strands floating loose, and the silver daggers on her necklace glinted dangerously. Men stared at her in awe and women looked on jealously at her beauty. But the strange woman took no notice of them and instead, scanned the crowd for a particular man. Finally her chestnut coloured eyes settled on a tall, well dressed man with glossy brown hair, green eyes. He was surrounded by women.
Damnit, I need to get him on his own if I want to do this job properly

Creeping closer towards him, she stood near the front of the gathering women, of whom were all giggling.
really, ladies these days...now what was this guy's name? Ah yes, the Earl, Alfred Munroe. Wanted dead for kidnapping and selling young women.

She sighed and muttered
"well, lets get this over with."
She walked purposefully up to his side and whispered
"Hello my Lord, would you care for a drink?"
The man took his eyes off the crowds of people around him, and settled his gaze on her.
"My dear, that sounds wonderful." He murmured, snaking an arm around the girls waist. She repressed a shudder and instead replaced it with a gentle smile as she called over one of the attendants.
"A glass of wine please, for My Lord."
Nodding, the attendant gave her a glass, and with a small curtsey, she handed it to the Earl next to her.
"Thank you....my midnight swan."
Resisting the urge to gag, she blushed slightly.
"My Lord? We should move, a dance is starting."
"Hmm...yes, come with me."
He said, taking her hand, and leading her outside, to the balcony.

---Outside---
"My Lord," she whispered "it is truly beautiful."
He smirked and said "may I have this dance, my midnight swan?"
But, not waiting for her reply, he grabbed her hand in his own, and placed the other on her hip.

this would've been romantic....if he wasn't so creepy, I can't believe I have to let him do this

He spun her around, and each turn brought them closer to the balconies' edge, until she could feel his body press against her own and her back pressing against the railing.
time to switch things up a little
She hopped up to the top of the railing, which was wide enough for two people to stand on. She offered him her hand and whispered "come on my Lord...if you're game."
The hunger in his eyes was inevitable as he grabbed her hand, and jumped up beside her. He pulled her closer towards him and mumbled in her ear
"we wouldn't want you falling now, would we?"
"Of course not my Lord."
She grinned, walking even closer, until they were only centimetres apart.

Ahhh, everything is falling into place~

She made sure he was at the very edge of the railing before wrapping her arms tightly around the back of his neck. She pulled his face down to her own, and tilting her lips up towards his, she leaned forwards until their noses were touching and she could feel his rough breath upon her lips. He closed his eyes, and leaned forwards expecting a kiss, but it never came. Instead she breathed softly, uttering the sweet words,
"goodbye."
He opened his eyes as the beautiful girl twisted his arms around and pushed him off the railing. He screamed in fear and agony, as he fell. She pulled off one of the throwing knives on her necklace, wrote something a red sheet of paper and threw the dagger, with the paper on it right into his chest. She then leapt back onto the balcony and slipped back into the ballroom.

---

The Scotland yard found Alfred Munroe's body the night after the ball and the note pinned to his chest had a single red kiss mark on it and read,
'One dead man, kidnapped girls, one dead man, from his title he falls~'