Betrayal by the one you call a friend

I flopped on my bed soaked and exhausted. "Stupid rain" I mumbled into my pillow. Its been a few weeks since Angelina's funeral, and I've helped Ciel with a few more cases. I've also gotten a lot closer with his butler Sebastian. He may seem distant and cold-hearted most of the time, but, really he is quite sweet. ~Stop it Red~ I chided myself, ~it's not like he's interested, and it's not like you have a chance~ I pouted as I rolled over and fell into an uneasy sleep.

~~Dream~~
I found myself in the meadow I had been in many of my dreams. A deep voice resonated in the warm atmosphere. "Here you are again Red, seeking sight, skill, wit and knowledge beyond your time." I lay down on the grass looking up at the sky, "I don't choose to come here, it's where all my dreams lead." The voice sighed and the ground next to me split open, revealing the shimmering instrument from my dream at the Phantomhive's. "Do you wish to know what its called?"
I shook my head and sat up, "it's not going to matter soon, is it?" The voice sighed again and spoke, its voice more sympathetic "you've figured out the payment, haven't you?" I nodded and smiled wryly. "Yeah....it took a while but...its, it's me? Isn't it?" The voice didn't reply, but I knew the answer. I was right.

"Its called a bass guitar."
"Sounds pretty damn fine."
The voice chuckled. "You know Red, there are always more ways. Like in Greek myths, they had the three fates, which depicted the different outcomes of each decision and choice you made." My eyes lit up but then dulled again. "But, how's that going to help me?"
"I have a hint. Redheaded reaper." I pulled a face.
"You don't mean?"
"Afraid so"
I groaned, "I'm going to have to get along with that idiot?" It didn't reply, but instead, it's echoing laugh faded with the scenery.
I was in a graveyard, staring at a grave. Specifically, my grave. On it was written four quoted words, and I smirked realising what was going to happen. Snow started to fall as I walked out of the graveyard towards the sound of a crying raven, as the melody of a new song weaved its way into my head.

~~End of Dream~~

I opened my eyes slowly and turned to my bedside table. How Jason gets in without waking me up is beyond me. Sitting up, I picked up the somewhat large stack of money and a small note that read, 

'Next target Red, Earl Ciel Phantomhive and his butler, Sebastian Michaelis.' 

I felt sick. Getting up, I staggered into my bathroom, head spinning, I leant over the toilet and threw up. 

~Stupid Jason, stupid job, stupid me! You knew! Jason, every time I get close to someone, you take them away! You told Madame Red to kill those women, I know you did!~ 

I wiped my now sweaty forehead with the back of my hand as I stumbled back into my bedroom. Walking to the window, I clumsily hauled it open and managed to hit my head on the frame. Hauling myself out of the window, I crawled across the roof of my house and screamed. I screamed letting the filthy rain drip along my upturned face, releasing all the pain, anger, disgust and guilt in my words. "I WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE THEM AWAY FROM ME!" I took a deep breath, and let loose a guttural cry.

"I WON'T LET YOU!"

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ciel and Sebastian strolled down the alley that lead to Thalia's (Red's) house. They were planning to throw a ball, in honour of her helping them solve a majority of their cases. Hearing something, Sebastian stopped in his tracks, causing his master to step out of the safety of the umbrella, into the rain. "Sebastian?! What are you doing?!"

"Sorry my Lord, I thought I heard something."

Ciel tilted his head, trying to listen but heard nothing. He huffed, "lets just get to Thalia's house so we can get out of this disgusting rain."

 Sebastian was about to reply when a piercing scream interrupted him.

"I WON'T LET YOU!!!"

With a quick exchange, Sebastian scooped Ciel up in his arms and sprinted towards the noise, which, incidentally came from Thalia's (Red's) house. Depositing Ciel on the porch, Sebastian knocked urgently on the stiff door. After what seemed like a few minutes they heard a tinkle of broken glass, accompanied by multiple curses in English and French. Soon, light footsteps made their way towards Ciel and Sebastian, and the door swung open revealing Thalia.

 She was soaked to the bone, littered with cuts, and her eyes were rimmed with red as if she had crying a lot. Without a word, Sebastian swept her up bridal style into his arms. "What are you doing?" Thalia whispered. 

"Taking you back to my manor," Ciel replied, "we were going to inform you that tomorrow I would be throwing a ball in your honour. But I suppose, now you might as well stay at the manor, until after the ball. You are in no condition to be by yourself and your wounds need attending to." Thalia was shocked, such kindness from Ciel was unexpected. 

"You don't have to do that for me."

Sebastian chuckled, "but we do, without you, as much as my master wouldn't like to admit it, we couldn't have solved half our cases without you." Thalia blushed. "But-" Sebastian placed a gloved hand over her mouth. "Please, don't protest, just accept it." Thalia smiled at him, "okay." Then turned to Ciel, "I won't do what he says, don't worry." Before Ciel could ask her what she meant, she had already drifted into a dreamless sleep.

"What do you think she meant my Lord?"
"I haven't the slightest idea."