Chapter 42: It Hurts

Start from the beginning

"Where to?" I asked as I enter his car.

"Secret!"

"What? No fair!" I complained like a 5 year old.

Then soon after he parked the car at the old ice cream parlor that I used to go to.

"Tada!" He said opening the door to the parlor.

"This where I was a bitch to a kind and sweet guy." I reminisce the first time I was here with him.

"The guy already long forgave the girl about what happened that day." he smiled at me.

I was eating my Ice cream with a book on my hand - Paper Towns by John Green.

"You know there's a movie of that." Cole pointing on the book.

"I know Cole but movies cuts some of the interesting parts of the story in the book." I explained

"You are right" eating his ice cream.

"I know!" And I chuckled

He scoop some of my ice cream

"Hey!"

"You're just letting it melt!" He defended himself.

"I was reading!" Gesturing the book on my hand.

"Well then read and I'll eat this." He took my cup but I took it back from him again.

"Fine! I'll stop." I put down the book and ate my Ice Cream that was almost melting.

_____________________

"Come on in!" I let Cole in, well it was not the first time for him to be at my house, it was when I was bullied by Nicky and her minions and he rescued me while Kieran just walk pass like he didn't saw anything. It got me crying myself to sleep that night.

I gestured the couch, I left to get something to drink in the kitchen. I saw dad cooking dinner.

"Hi!" I said getting a water.

"We are having Lasagna for dinner!" He said as he puts them in the oven.

"Yummy! Pa, Cole's in the living room." I said as I pour water a glass

"That boy is nice." He whispers.

"He is!" I agrees patting on his shoulder.

"I like him!" He takes his apron off.

"I know" I jokingly said.

He walked with me to the living room and Cole stands up as he sees my dad.

"Good evening Chief!" He salutes.

"Cole, good to see you again." he tap Cole's shoulder.

I gave Cole the water and we sat down the Sofa and Dad too.

"Why don't you Cole stay for dinner." dad randomly asks, I gave him a What-are-you-doing look.

"If it's okay?" Cole looking at me for approval.

"It's fine with Maddie, right?" Dad winks at me playfully.

"Of course!" Smiled at Cole but roll ny eyes to my father.

"And your brother is coming for dinner too." Dad said walking back to the kitchen.

"Well, this will be a hell of a night." I sarcastically said.

We were eating dinner, Cole sitting next to me Kieran opposite to where I was sitting. Kieran and dad are having there father and son talk, me and Cole just sits there talking in our own to pass time but not as loud as Kieran and dad are.

"So Cole? Are you and Maddie dating?" Dad asks as he take a slice of lasagna. I took a glance at Kieran, trying to find any reaction on his face but failed.

"Ahm, No chief but I would like too." Cole holding my hand and I look at him surprised.

"I like you and I think Maddie think so too, right Maddie?" Dad was smiling.

"Ahm." No words.

"I think Maddie is not ready yet but I'll just wait till she moves on" Cole now looking at Kieran.

"That is very considerate of you, but I think she is so over Lance." That rolls his eyes as he speaks Lance name "that guy was a total dick!" Dad laughs.

"But others are more" Cole still looking at Kieran, I squeezed his hand so that he will notice. He smiled at me and sip his drink.

"Cole is definitely right! Other are much douche than Lance." Kieean finally spoke, evilly smirking.

"I glad that there are 2 more boys to protect my little baby from them." Dad pats Kieran's shoulder.

"Don't be so sure." Cole muttered but thank God Dad didn't hear it.

After the dinner Cole left shortly for Lizzy was looking for him.

I was cleaning the dishes when someone walks in.

"So Cole?" Kieran spoke bitterly.

"Were just friends." I was now drying the dishes.

"I don't care, I don't even care if you're banging him!" He crossed the line.

"Banging him?" I looked at him, trying to figure out what he was actually feeling but as always there was nothing, nothing at all. "What happened to you?" Looking him head to foot. "What did you do to Kieran?"

"Honey, What you see is what you get!" I says evilly.

"No! He's way different than you! You're an asshole who loves to make fun of other people to feel good about himself. I'm so tired and sick of all this." I threw the cloth on the floor.

"If you hate me that much, then why don't you just slap me instead. It'll be much better to feel than you repeatingly breaking my heart." Tears are falling on my cheeks. "I know I hurt you but is everything you did not yet enough? I said sorry a hundred times, now I'm done! Enough is enough Kieran." I run to my room and fell into my bed crying.

I hate him so much