Chapter 13: Talk

Talking to Emma one of the Cheerleaders about the surprise test Mrs. Pitt gave us in Literature (not all members of the Cheerleading squad is a bimbo or meanie, Emma is actually pretty nice and fun to talk to) it was really bothering me for I mostly didn't know if I correctly answered some of the questions and so was Emma.

"Bummer! What if I got an F?" I told Emma crossing my arms. Making a tsk sound at the end.

"Then it could only be your one F, it's not that bad" fixing her pony tail. Her long hair that I superbly envy for being so shinny and volumous. My hair tend to be so dry sometimes that I have to shove it in a bun to hide it.

"Yeah, it will be my first ever F if that happens." Slapping my forehead.

"Don't worry so much Mads, having an F will not cause the end for the world" she's finding my problem amusing.

"But I was aiming for Valedictorian!" Pouting like a child.

"Jeez, just ask Mrs. Pitt for extra projects or something to fix the F and Mads we haven't even know if you actually have an F." She has her hand on my arm.

"You are right!"

"I know!" Flipping her pony tail.

"I could still have perhaps an A-."

"As what Elsa said Let it go." She sings with her not so much pleasant voice. "Come let's find Zoe." Dragging me to the hall, we saw Zoe by her locker talking to Chace.

What could they be talking about and why?

"Hey guys!" Emma said letting my hand go.

"Hi Emma, Maddie!" Said Zoe smiling and blushing? Chace just nodded to acknowledge of pressence. I looked at her with a What-is-going-on-here look. "Chace and I we're just talking about the party on Friday!" She explains.

"I'll go ahead, nice seeing you Em and Maddie!" Pecking Zoe on the cheeks before leaving, then Zoe was hysterically blushing looking like a tomato.

"What was that about?" Emma asked before I could squealing. "Is there something between you two?"

"Well, he kinda ask me to come with him to the party." she joins Emma squealing.

"Really? Oh my gosh! So happy for you!" I said excitedly joining in the squeals.

"Yes, he did!" Hugging me.

"If you are going with Chace to the party then that means I don't have to go?" hoping I could skip.

"Honey no, you are going!" She got her serious face on quickly.

"But you have a date. If I go I'll be third wheeling." I protest

"You can just come with me!" Said Emma pointing a finger at herself. I groan in the sudden volunteer.

"Good Idea Em!" High fiving Emma's hand.

"Great" I said sarcastically.

"Don't be a kill joy Mads, you might find a cute boy there" wiggling her eyebrows and I let out a deep sigh "And it'll be fun!"

_________________

I came home a bit early today for there was an Emergency teacher's meeting, dismissing the class an hour early.

I took Miho to the park, let her loose to run and play with other dogs as I sat under a tree this was Mom and I's favorite spot. Opening a book that I was currently reading it's Delirium by Lauren Oliver and gone to spotify with my earphones in to play my favorite reading moment playlist.