Chapter 2: Rubber Duckies

After the scene at the Ladies room, the bell rung and we went on our separate ways. I made sure no trace of my mascara was strieking down my face.

I entered my first class, Biology with Mr. Young. I took a seat near the window with the view of the field just outside.

I was putting out some of my things that I needed for the subject when someone tap my shoulder, I looked behind to know who it is and saw Kelly -The Gossip Girl of the campus, she's holding her pencil while chewing a gum.

"Yeah?" I ask her.

"Is it True?" she asked with her brows meeting.

"What is?" Displaying a confused look.

"That Lance DUMPED YOU?"

Did I just hear that correct? she said Lance dumped me?

"Sorry, what did you say?" I ask her again maybe I heard it wrong.

"Everyone is talking about how Lance dumped you over the Summer for Nicky." She says taping her pencil on her desk.

"Dumped Me?!" I exclaimed, it must sounded a hit overreacted that she dropped her pencil to the floor. "He's telling everyone that he dumped me?" Now in a much calmer tone but I'm holding up my anger just probably a ruler deep.

"It's okay, you're still in the denial phase, it'll pass." she offered a totally fake concern smile.

"But for the record... I was the one who dump him not him." I told her and return to face the front with my hand ball into fist.

He was spreading lies about our break up, telling everybody that he dumped me for Nicky?! He is really an ASSHOLE alright.

Soon after the conversation with Kelly, Mr. Young entered the room. I was not listening for I am still so pissed of what I have just discovered and was just scribbling things on my notes.

"Miss Peters."

"Miss Peters"

"Maddie!"

Did someone just call me?

I looked around the room and realize that the class was staring at me and Mr. Young as well but with a much intense gaze with his hands in his waist.

"What is going on with you Ms. Peters?" His voice raising a bit and before I can say something one of my classmate answered.

"Maybe it is because Lance Dumped her." said Vince, making the whole class react with an o.

"Shut up Vince! I don't care who dumped who. We are here to learn, not tolerate your teenage hormonal problems." after he said that to Vince, he turned to me. "You are one of my best students Ms. Peters, don't disappoint me."

Before I could answer a guy entered the room, he looked like he's a new transferee. All the girls in the class started to squeal. The new guy was good looking but I'm not interested, though I should thank him for changing the topic.

"May I help you?" Mr. Young looking at the new guy with a critiquing stare.

"Yes Sir, I may be in your class." he spoke with his British accent making them girl squeal more.

"Quiet!" Mr. Young yelled out to the class, taking a look at the Transfer's schedule.

"Yes, you are the new comer Principal Spencer talked about. Your name is?" Giving the schedule back to him.

"Kieran Miller" He cockily smirk, giving a flirty wink to one of the girls who reacted like she was going out of breath.

"Class we have a new transfer his name is Kieran, he'll be joining this class for the rest of the semester. Go find an empty sit Mr. Miller and welcome to Burkhart High"