Chapter 11: Not as Bad

Monday came so fast. What happen that night still comes in horrible flashbacks but not that of horrifying details just the feeling of shame towards my impulsive and nosy action. Walking through the halls to my locker, Zoe keeps blabbering about something I just keep nodding to pretend that I was listening, but in my mind I'm repeatingly wishing Kieran would skip school -for the entire semester. I stopped on my feet, Zoe stopping aswell.

"What?!" She annoyedly asks in my sudden action. Ignoring her question, I crane my neck looking closely at a tall frame leaning against my locker. "Hello! Earth to Maddie!" She was snapping fingers in my face, I push them aside to take a good look on who it was. I took a frustrating gasped as I confirm who it was - Kieran.

"Geez!" I bit my lips turning around. Zoe getting curious on my reaction, she spotted Kieran by my locker. "Let's go the other way." Grabbing her hands but she just had to call his name.

"Kieran!" I face palm myself.

He saw me, he had he's blank expression as he gaze at me. I looked down to my feet as Zoe dragged me towards him.

"Hi!" Zoe greeting him, waving her hands.

"Hi!" He greeted back. I swallowed in at the sound of his voice. "Hello to you too." He was now pertaining to me.  I pretended to not here him and started opening my locker but bad luck strike it wasn't opening again.

Shit

He punched my locker opened. My eyes widen in his gesture then I remembered that first day when someone punched my locker opened.

Could it be him? I shook my head from the thought, It might be just coinsidense.

"Thanks." I muttered still not looking at him.

"Do you mind if I talk to her for a bit?" He was talking to Zoe.

"Oh not all." Zoe responded and I glare at her, she just shrugg. "I'll get to class. See you later Maddie." I was kinda hoping she'll just stay.

He grabbed my elbow, turn me to face him.

"I already took care of it for the mean time." He was speaking in almost a whisper.

"How?"

"It is non of your freaking business! I just came here to tell you to lessen your curiousity cause it might get you killed." I see his signature smirk curled up his lip.

"D-did you killed them?" I said with a stutter, he leaned to my ears.

"Maybe." He whispered then softly, spreading chills all over my body then kissed my cheeks leaving more trails of shivers thtough me. "See you in class, Cry baby."

_________________

We are on the cafeteria for lunch and I just can't stop thinking about what he said.

Can he actually kill someone?

I shook my head from the thought and eagerly bit my pizza.

"Are you okay? You haven't told me yet about what you talked about." She said leaning on the table.

"With who?"

"with Kieran." Sipping on her orange juice.

"He just said hi." I lied

"In private? He just said Hi in private?" Her voice was a little bit loud and I just nodded. "Cut the crap and spill." I don't wanna talk about it but then with her being so persistant even blackmailing me with my twerking video she has on her phone. So I then ended up telling her about it eventually.

"Oh my G!" Hands in her mouth.

"I know you'll react exactly like that." Pointing at her hand in mouth reaction. "That's why I didn't want to tell you." Hitting my head on the table.

"Did he really?"

"He only said maybe, he wouldn't tell me what he actually did." Putting my head on my hand.

"He's so messed up! But still hot tho" she said taking another sip on her orange juice.

"So are you!" I rolled my eyes on her.

I haven't even told her about what happened in the Library- about the kiss, but I am willing to keep it from her because it meant nothing.

____________________

Before I went to the parking lot, I decided to go to the rest room. Walking my way there, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me aside.

"Kier-" I didn't finished my word for it was not Kieran.

"Hi Muffin!" Said Lance, trapping me inside his arm.

"Let go of me, and don't call me Muffin or any kind dessert!" Pushing him off of me.

"Okay, okay chill!" He put he's hand up as a sign of defeat.

"What do you want Lance?" My voice irritated.

"I missed you Maddie!" Tucking a loose hair to my ear.

"Missed me? Huh, how can you even miss me when all you ever did was put your tongue inside Nicky's throat." I am so pissed.

"That doesn't mean I don't Miss you and I don't miss us" he said cupping my face, I pushed it away.

"Us? You thrown it all away when you cheated on me! And the rumors? How low!"

"I cheated cause you are boring me!" He snapped he's eyes darken.

"Boring? You mean because I wanted to wait and you can't? That is why you used my old slutty friend to fulfill your needs?" Anger in my voice surfaced.

"I did!" I slapped him in the face.

"I defended you when my dad said that you are no good for me, I blindly loved you even when I know what you really are and that is an asshole, I loved you whole heartedly now I regret it all, all of it! Now I've realized what a worthless crappy person you are!" Tears running down my face, he tried to hold me.

"NO! Don't dare touch me!" I run as fast as I could, I heard someone called my name but I ignored it. Running I find myself going to the field, before I completely break down I felt arms wrapping around me, hugging me. I turn to look at the person in my surprise it was Kieran. I have no strenght to protest for being vulnerable in fact, I couldn't push his arms or him away not because I couldn't but because him holding me got me feeling of being safe and warm.

"Hush now" Hand stroking my hair lightly. "It'll be fine." After a time of letting my guard down and exposing my vulnerable side to Kieran. I had the guts to make up my words.

"I'm sorry." As I wipe my tears dry.

"Are you feeling okay now?" I can feel the sincerity in his voice. I nodded. "You are definitely a Cry Baby" he said with a chuckle.

"Shut up." I whack his arm from his comment. I was now fixing my hair. He turn me to face him, his hand wiping some stray tears on my face. I fix him a little smile.

"You know? This is the second time you cried on me." He has a grinn on his face showing off his dimple that I haven't noticed before.

"Sorry, It is actually embarrassing" I looked down.

"It's okay, don't need to be embarrassed."

"Sorry about the other day and today, I have troubled you enough." In a slow voice, he raised my chin so that I was looking at him again.

"Just forget about it, maybe we just got into the wrong foot. The other day? I already took care of it so you don't have to worry about it, just look at the bright side thanks to you I have an extra 10 grand." He chuckled.

"But still -"

"Nope! I said it's fine" He said putting a finger on my lip and I just nodded.

Maybe he isn't as bad as everyone thought he was.