Chapter 10: Curious

I was glancing at the clock that hangs just above the busy counter of the diner from time to time. I have just finished eating my dinner, full as I can be I lean back to rest my back and stretch my feet under the table to let my stomach breathe.

"Want dessert?" One of the waitress ask with a friendly smile.

"I'd rather not anymore or else my I will not get to breathe on these now tight jeans." Tapping my hand on my tummy.

"Okay." She smiles then walk to assist another customer.

I looked up to see the clock that tells me I only have 15 minutes more before 9. Taking my phone out of my back pocket, I eagerly texted Zoe to what I'm about to do.

Zoe:
Are you insane!? Or maybe just crazy?!
-

Me:
Probably a lunatic but I'll be fine.
-

Zoe:
Gosh! If you are trying to kill yourself,  you could have just ask me. I'll be happy to do it for you!.
-

Me:
I am not trying to kill myself. I will give you that honor in ending my life but just not yet.
-

Zoe:
Then just go home! Will you!
-

Me:
Nothing bad will happen to me. I will be okay, Remember that Bully Ronnie in the 5th grade? I totally kicked his arse. :D
-

Zoe:
I remember! LOL, Fine! Just promise you'll be safe. :)
-

Me:
I promise :) :* I gotta go, text when I get home.
-

Putting my phone back to my pocket, then checking the handy pepper spray dad gave me keeping it on my jackets pocket. I walked out the diner and went to the alley where I followed Kieran before. I hid behind the damster, not a long after I saw the bearded guy with his little minions, Kieran followed suit.

"Where is our money?" The bearded guy said cracking the bones on his knuckles.

"Excited much?" Kieran jokingly said, the bearded guy clenched his jaws. Probably not getting the joke.

"Just hand it down, Pretty Boy so that no blood will be spilled tonight." One of the minions said, stepping on his cigarette.

"Blood? Really?" Kieran smirked, I see the bearded guy grabbed Kieran's collar.

Why can't he just cooperate?

"We are not playing here, just give it so we can go!" Kieran pushed the bearded guys hands away from his shirt and pulled an envelop in his back pocket.

"Here!" He threw it to the bearded guy that made the guy furious.

"You really don't know nothing about respect? Especially to your superior!" He said angrily.

"You are not God, why need respect. Somehow you look old." Kieran said confidently, the bearded guy loose it and punch Kieran in the face making  me yelp at the sudden fist impact. They heard my involuntary squeak, I was about to turn around when a hand grabbed my arm harshly as he dragged me to where Kieran and the bearded guy was. I saw Kieran's eyes widen from my unwelcomed pressence.

"Well what do we have here?" The bearded guy said touching my cheeks. I shut my eyes tightly as I felt his rough skin touch my face.

"What are you doing here?!" Kieran asked angrily, I stamble back a little as he raised his voice with the question.

"I-I heard y-you on the p-phone earlier." I stutter as to my heart was beating faster and faster on my chest as I answer his question.

"Curious one you are." The bearded guy smiling dirtily.

"She is not part of this, just let her go!" Kieran said grabbing my wrist pulling me on his side.

"Maybe." The bearded guy tug my arm to him, as Kieran's was on the other end it was seem like a game of tug of war, with me on the middle. "She could be the payment for your disrespectful manner." Eyeing my body from head down, I felt shivers of disgust with his gaze.

"I'll say it one more time, let her go!" Kieran's grip was becoming tighter.

"What if I don't want to?" He evily smirked, narrowing his eyes at Kieran.

"Then you give me no choice!" Kieran pushed me aside making me hit my arm on a concrete wall, just before he comes punching the bearded guy. He made quick contact with the floor just after the punch. Making the bearded guy's minions come towards Kieran to attack, but just like the bearded guy they all end up crambling to the ground one by one.

"You okay?" I nodded in response. "We need to leave." grabbing my wrist yet again, snatched the envelop that was dropped onto the ground, kicking the bearded guy one last time and run  fast away from the alley.

"Shit!" He exclaim as we stopped to catch our breath just nearly 5 meters away from the diner. "Do you atleast have a car?"

"I have my car there!" Pointing at the parking space. We made our way towards the car, Kieran glancing if someone was following us. Both entering the car, immediately driving away.

We were probably driving like 20 minutes or so, we suddenly made to a halt when he stepped over my foot to stepped on the break.

"What the heck!" I said hitting my head on the wheel as my seatbelt wasn't on from the sudden stop.

"I am suppose to be the one saying that! WHAT THE HECK?!" he was so angry he's eyes turned darker, and I swallow for I was actually scared right now. "What the actual FUCK!"

"I-I" couldn't get out a word from my feeling of shame. I looked down on the wheel not making eye contact with him.

"Are you that stupid? That you followed me there?!" He was definitely mad.

"No."

"Then tell me! What are you Retarded?!" Him slamming his hand on the head board. "Fuck! This will cause me a lot of trouble."

"I was there." I told him.

"There?"

"I was there a week ago, I saw you with them just like earlier. They were talking about the money you owed them."

"WHAT?!" Now he was furious. His hands ball into a fist. "So you're not just retarted but nosy too. FUCK THIS!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be that curious."

"Why do you have to be curious in the first place?" He runs his finger through his hair furiously.

"We can just report them to the police." I sudjested to him.

"NO! you have done enough. I will just handle it myself!" He got off my car.

"Wait! Where are you going?" I got off  following him out.

"Fixing the mess you've caused what else!?" He was walking back to the direction where we left.

"But-"

"Just go home! And don't call the police!" With an irritated voice and continued walking.

I don't want to cause anymore problem so I did what he told me to do, I hopped back on my car and drove home. I pull over our drive way dads car was not park on his spot telling me he's not home yet. I entered the house greeted by Miho at the door, I walked to the kitchen and open a bottle of water this processing what had happened and all of it made me so thirsty. I went up to my room, took a hot short shower and after put on an oversized shirt and pajamas then layed on the bed, Miho in sleeping at the edge.

I tried to close my eyes but I just can't take it out of my mind. I texted Zoe about what happened, I didn't wait for her reply for I know she's already asleep.

What did I get myself into.