Sunlight Chapter Seven: Tutor

Start from the beginning

-

Ray

The night passed with a blur. Tonight, I'm going to meet Jenna for us to be able to review for our exams. If I was only a full-time human, I would've been able to be with her the whole day... But sadly, that was not the case

Fine, I admit. Though this isn't an official date or anything like that, I am really looking forward to this study session. I am getting to know Jenna and the more I know, the more I want to know about her.

I'll treat her dinner and we've agreed to study History tonight. I can't study when I'm still in the form of a sun, so I figured it would be safe to look through notes before I head there. I wouldn't want to be embarrassed in front of her. 

At 4:15pm, I became human again. Yes, it was still quite early, thankfully it's winter. So, I first went to my flat to get my stuff and change. As I was about to change, I remembered that all I have are pairs of jeans and a few tees. I wanted to dress not so casually, so I bought a shirt from a store nearby named Nautica. It was a simple polo shirt with red and black stripes. That's when I knew, I was ready.

I arrived at Pizzarific at exactly 5:20pm. Pizzarific's a small restaurant with green walls and red-carpeted floors. It looked quite classy. It wasn't that crowded but still it had quite a lot of customers. Perfect. I knew her shift hasn't ended yet so I didn't approach her first. Wouldn't want to disturb her. I had to wait.

-

Jenna

5:20--only ten minutes before my study session with Ray. I am preparing a large, cheesy pepperoni pizza right now, and even though I've been working here for quite a while now, I still can't get over the mouthwatering smell of Pizzarific's pizza. Pizza is one of my most favorite food ever. The others include pasta, fries, fries, burgers and noodle soups. Yes, I really am a food-lover. At the same time, I still manage to eat healthy. Thankfully, I don't get fat. Nor am I skinny. Just average, and I am secretly proud of that. 

I saw Ray then. He waved at me while I did the same. I waited and waited, until--finally--my shift was over! Ray walked towards me and said,

"Hey, study partner!"

"Hello there, Ray!"

"So, you hungry?" he asked.

"I'm good. Why, are you?"

"Honestly, I am. Haha!" Ray admitted, laughing.

"Okay, I admit now, I am too." I said, laughing with him.

When we finally recovered from laughing, he asked me where I wanted to sit and I just told him that it's his own choice.

"Here, then." he said, pulling out a chair for me. That was surprising, and it was a very, very sweet gesture, I might add.

"Aww, thanks." I said, my cheeks turning pink.

When we were finally settled, the waitress, which by the way was my friend Kristia, asked us if we were ready to order.

"So, what would you be having?" Ray asked me.

"I'm not a picky eater, so you choose."

"Neither am I. And since you're the one who's often here, introduce to me the best stuff they have here." he said.

"Fine." I got a bit nervous since I didn't know what type of food he liked. I ended up choosing lasagna, a pepperoni pizza, ceasar salad, lemonade for drinks and a blueberry cheesecake for dessert.

I've never been this happy before.

-

Ray

Turns out, I shouln't be nervous after all. Jenna's really cool. She's unlike the other girls I've met so far...in a really good way.

The food was great as well. It's my first time to taste all these. Well, it's not my fault I have been human for only a month.

I hope this night continues to go well. It's already perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, readers! I know I haven't been able to upload anything for quite a while now, but I hope you like this chapter.

Also, I finally found the celebrities that I think, fit my two characters perfectly. You can check out how Ray looks like in a picture (it's in my Chapter Three), although I don't think my editing looks really good yet.

Thank you so much for the support, and I hope you comment, vote if you like it and fan if you love my work.

I really need constructive criticism.

Again, thank you! -alexa.