Sunlight Chapter Two: No Great Shakes

Jenna

"Oh, don't tell me he's gonna be late again."  I heard Veronica Gaspari, the glamorous, mean, head cheerleader of our school whine. She--like most of the female students here at Roosevelt High--now has a huge "crush" on Ray. Or maybe it's better to say that she's simply obsessed with him even if she doesn't even know him well.

"Don't worry dear, I'm sure he'll be here soon." Arianna, one of her 'followers' assured her.

"Hey Jenna, can I ask you a very small favor?" it was Veronica.

"Huh?" 

"Can you please not talk to my Ray too much?" she said as if she were only asking me for a pencil.

I don't really get why they're so crazy over him. I mean, I know he's hot and mysterious. But still.

"Um, sure." I just said for her to leave me alone.

You know what's really peculiar? Ray always shows up late in class. And I mean everyday.

Sometimes, he approaches me to borrow a pencil or something, or just simply to say hi. And that also made me notice something. He always avoids touching me. 

Yeah, he is really weird and mysterious. It really makes me want to know who he really is and what that big secret of his is. I know, I know, I shouldn't be so sure that he has a secret. But I am. Really.

"Hi Jenna." Ray, my seatmate, greeted me as he got ready for class. Yes, he is my seatmate. I really don't know why he chose that seat but he did.

"Uhh Hi." I tried to sound comfortable, but failed.

"So how was your day?" My day? It's the usual...my dad got fired from work so I need to work part-time as a pizza delivery girl every morning. And I don't have money nor food for dinner. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

"It was fine." I said instead.

"Oh well that's good to know." he simply replied.

"How about yours?" I asked him.

"RAYY!!!" Veronica said as she interrupted our conversation.

"Oh hi Veronica." he greeted her.

Our Biology teacher, Ms. Miller entered and asked us to settle down.

"Okay class, tonight, we are going to tackle about......"

Well well well. This is pretty much a suckish day for me. I don't really care because it's usually like this anyway.