Confessions

Firefly deactivated her guns, and offered her servo to Vapor. As Megatron’s daughter took the palm of Firefly’s in her own, Firefly pulled the blue femme to her peds, a few tears biting her optics.

Firefly: “I need no revenge for the deceased. They would’ve helped you, had they known.”

But Vapor couldn’t seem to let it go. She was skeptical of the scout, skeptical that she could possibly be forgiven.

Vapor: “Are you sure? I caused their slaughter. I caused Kickspin’s murder. How can you possibly forgive me?”

            And yet, the longer they talked about it, the more Firefly felt herself forgive Vapor.

Firefly: “Because you never meant any harm.”

Vapor: “It’s not that simple-!”

Firefly: “Maybe to Megatron, but among the ranks of the Autobots, plenty of things can, in fact, be that simple.”

            Her mouth began to pull at the corners, and she knew that today would be okay after all, despite all the dredged up emotions she was experiencing.

Vapor: “Are you sure you forgive me?”

Firefly: “I may have lost my old unit, but look at the one I’ve gained – you included, V.”

            She smiled fully now. She truly felt she had an ally in Megatron’s daughter; one she could count on no matter what anyone said or did.

Vapor: “But-.”

Firefly: “WheelJack?”

            She turned to the mech who she’d noticed held an extra interest in Vapor, and hoped he would calm the femme down a bit so she could accept that they could both move forward.

WheelJack: “C’mon, V. I think it’s time we went for a drive.”

The large mech placed a servo on the blue femme’s shoulder and led her to the exit. He transformed to his vehicle mode, and she was still in a stunned silence.

WheelJack: “Follow me this time, would you?”

            Vapor nodded in compliance, a bit dazed yet, but she transformed to her vehicle mode. WheelJack drove out of the base, with Vapor close behind.

            WheelJack turned right at the intersection leading Vapor down the road. He started out slowly, but gradually accelerated to 120 mph. Vapor kept up, though a bit preoccupied. He led Vapor down the road for a few miles, but then he turned off the road into a section of cliffs. He stopped half a mile in, transforming to his Cybertronian mode.

            Vapor followed suit yet again, transforming.

WheelJack: “Do you remember this spot?”

WheelJack turned to face her, with less than twenty feet between them. Vapor was clueless as to where he was going with this.

Vapor: “Uh, yeah, I guess. This is where we were when you promised you’d save me from living on the Decepticon ship with my awful ‘father’ any longer.”

WheelJack: “Yup, and do you know what else happened here?”

He walked closer to her now, closing the distance and leaving less than two feet between them; Vapor stared at him, a tad breathless.

Vapor: “What?”

WheelJack: “This is where I kissed you for the first time and poured out my heart to you, hoping you love me back.”