Drama at the Markets (5)

Hey guys, Sunshine here, can you do me a BIIIIIIIIIIG favour? I am joint writing a story called I Befiggle, by GenreOverLoad, please check it out! Oh, and if you want, you can join and write a chapter too! xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Darling, what’s wrong? What happened?’ said a concerned Carlyle.

‘Oh, well, we went to the markets to get some fresh produce. On the way there, Gretel was great. Polite and enthusiastic. We talked about recipes, how to tell what is fresh, and how much to get. We got there, and I asked her to get a basket while I looked at the vegetables, a-and she-e disap-ppeared!’ Sereine said, starting to cry again.

‘Oh! Well, where did you find her?’

‘I went around town searching for her, and I found her coming out of a shop, hands full of stolen jewelry! I ran up to her and dragged her back to the shop, and I made her apologies. Thank god the owner was a friend of mine, he didn’t press charges. But I was so embarrassed! Can’t you do something about her!?!’ Sereine demanded.

Carlyle was speechless. He slowly rose from the bed, trembling with anger, and stormed towards Hansel and Gretel’s room. He pushed the door open with such force it almost came off its hinges.

‘WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?’ Carlyle roared. ‘I RAISED YOU BETTER THAN THIS! WHY WOULD YOU STEAL?’

‘Father, I didn’t! Who told you that? Gretel asked, fear in her voice.

‘SEREINE! WHO ELSE? SHE SAID YOU STOLE FROM A JEWELERY SHOP! WHY, GRETEL? WHY?’

‘Father, you can’t actually believe I did that! Sereine’s lying!’ Gretel cried, tears springing to her eyes.

‘DON’T YOU LIE TO ME GRETEL! SEREINE LOVES YOU, AND YOU TO EMBARRASSED HER IN PUBLIC! HOW DARE YOU! YOU ARE GROUNDED!’ Carlyle said, starting to leave the room.

‘But father –‘ Hansel started.

‘YOU STAY OUT OF THIS, HANSEL.’

‘Father!’ Hansel exclaimed.

‘HANSEL! FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, STAY OUT OF THIS!’

‘B-but f-father, it’s our bir-rthday next week!’ Gretel sobbed.

‘YES, AND YOU WILL STAY IN THIS HOUSE WHILE SEREINE, HANSEL AND I GO OUT,’ Carlyle screamed, storming out of the room and slamming the door shut.

‘So, what happened?’ Hansel asked a hysterical Gretel.

‘W-well, we went to the-e marke-t, and we bought the st-uff, and… and… Sereine walke-d into the j-jewerly sh-op, and stole h-heaps of jewelry. She told me that if I told anyo-one, especially-y Carly-le, she wo-ould k-kill me. She said I would die. Just like my mother.’ Gretel sobbed. Hansel sat back, shocked. He then grabbed Gretel and rubbed her back, praying that his father would see the evil that was in Sereine, and send her away. Before someone got hurt.

Carlyle calmly walked past Seriene’s room, ignoring her cries of, ‘Carlyle? Hunny? What’s wrong? What happened?’ He walked into his room, and shut the door with a crash. He leaped onto the bed, grabbed a pillow, and screamed into it with frustration. What was happening? Is this my fault? I raised them right, didn’t I? Carlyle wondered, glumly. They must be rebelling because of Arielle.

Arielle was Carlyle’s wife, and Hansel and Gretel’s mother. He never spoke to them about her, for the memories were too painful. Arielle was kidnapped on her way to the markets. Carlyle went to the police the next day, when she did not return home that night. They searched, but could not find her. Finally, a week later she was found, brutally murdered, on the outskirts of the very forest she had once lived in. She was beaten, stabbed, and her head was crushed. Police believed she was tortured. Her body was covered in deep bruises, both her arms were shattered, and all her ribs broken. She was then stabbed all over her body, with patterns carved into her legs, arms and stomach. Whoever had done this, then opened her stomach, and took out all the organs. However, they didn’t cut them away, so police believe she was still alive at the time. Then, after days of torture, they finally killed her. They kicked her head in. Her skull was shattered, her brain ripped to pieces.

The police explain all this in great detail. They felt it better to prepare Carlyle before he went to identify her. When he finally went in, he almost fainted. They had the decency to stitch her stomach and head back up, but the carvings were still there. Her body was black and blue, and her arms were bent the wrong way. Her chest was crushed, and her head, although stitched up, was almost unrecognizable. He looked closely, still hoping it wasn’t her. Wasn’t his wife. He sank to the ground, and started rocking back and forth, tears falling down his face, mumbling, ‘No, not my darling Arielle. Not my love. Please, please no.’

He decided, once he got home, that he would never tell the twins about his. He didn’t want them to suffer any more pain. But he now knew, it was time. They were smart for their age, and would understand. He would tell them of her death, how he felt, and how he was so sorry he couldn’t save her, that they didn’t have a mother. Tomorrow, they would know. Tomorrow.

Sereine sat in her bed, and rubbed her eyes. Carlyle is so gullible! She thought smugly. Just shed some tears and he’ll believe anything! Now, I just need to get rid of those brats. Gretel first, since he’s already angry with her. Then we will be together, forever.

                                                       Lets just hope it’s as easy to get rid of them

                                                                           as it was with Arielle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EEEEVVVVVIIIIILLLLL! xD So, what do you think about Sereine now?

Comment, Vote, FAN!!

Upload, Tomorrow xD