The Beginning (1)

By the way, I dedicate each chapter to who-ever's cover I use at the side -->

So if you want a dedication, make me a cover! xD

I only use the good ones though

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlyle allowed Sereine to live in his home, as she was a pleasant lady, who had nothing but compliments for Carlyle, and loved Hansel and Gretel. She grew close to Carlyle, and Gretel began to call her ‘mummy’. Hansel, who had a better memory than Gretel, was wary of Sereine, but her kindness slowly drew him in. By the time the twins turned five, it was like they were a family, and Carlyle had fallen in love with Sereine. They married, and Sereine settled in comfortably. It was then he saw another side of her. The real side.

Sereine started to act differently. She started to boss her husband around, complaining of the lack of food, and the fact that he was never around.

‘It’s like you don’t even love me anymore! Your always out chopping that damn wood, and I’m stuck at home all day with the brats!’ she whined. ‘They don’t even like me! Yesterday Hansel said I looked like rat! A RAT! Can’t you teach them some respect?’

‘Oh, my dear, I’m so sorry! I will have a word to him now. To both of them.’

‘WAIT! I’m not done yet. Even when you are at home, you’re always with the twins! I barely even see you anymore! And even with you working ALL THE TIME, I still don’t get to eat enough! Look at me! I’m skin and bones!’ she cried.

‘I will go hunting more often then, I promise.’

‘Good. And take Hansel with you. I’m sick of his disrespect.’

‘Of course. Now, I will go talk to them. Goodnight.’

‘Goodnight, honey.’ Sereine said sweetly.

Carlyle went into his children’s room. He had a long look at them. They were so big now! He couldn’t believe it had been eight years already.

‘Children, I need to speak with you,’ he said.

‘Of course father! What’s the matter?’ Gretel said pleasantly.

‘Well, Sereine has just told me that Hansel informed her she looked like a rat.’ Carlyle said sternly.

Hansel sniggered.

‘It is no laughing matter! You are eight now, I expected a bit more maturity out of you! I was going to begin teaching you how to hunt, but if this behaviour continues, that will not be happening.’

Gretel shifted uncomfortably. Hansel had a small temper, just like his father. She knew this would not end well.

‘SHE’S NOT EVEN OUR MOTHER!’ Hansel yelled. ‘Why should I have respect for her, when she has none for me?’

‘Sereine loves you, as do I. Now I know that no one can replace your mother, so does Sereine. She’s accepted that. And she is willingly to be your friend. A best friend. So you need to learn to accept her.’

Hansel was about to say something, so Gretel quickly cut it, ‘Sure, father. I promise to try harder. I really like Sereine, anyway.’

‘Good. Now, tell that to your brother. Also, I am going out hunting tomorrow. Hansel, this is your chance to redeem yourself. Be ready by dawn. Gretel, sweetie, you will stay home with Sereine and she will teach you how to cook. Goodnight lovelies,’ Carlyle said, kissing them both on the forehead.

He went into Sereine’s bedroom, and sat down on the bed next to her.

‘I told Hansel off for you. I am also taking him out tomorrow. I thought you and Gretel would be able to get some bonding time together! I told her you would be teaching her how to cook,’ Carlyle said cheerfully.

‘B-but, I d-don’t thi-ink Gre-etel likes me-e,’ Sereine sniffled, crying into her pillows.

‘Oh no, she told me that she looks up to you! You’re the only mother figure she has! I’m sure you’re going to have a great time tomorrow!’ Carlyle said, rubbing her back.

‘O-ok, I guess s-so,’ Sereine said, starting to calm down.

‘That’s a girl! Goodnight, I love you,’ Carlyle said, kissing her gently.

‘Night, love you too.’

Carlyle walked out of Sereine’s room, closing the door behind him. He went to his bedroom, lay on the bed, and sighed. He hoped that tomorrow would be better than today was.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry its so short, it's a bit of a filler chapter xD

Upload date: Tomorrow

Comment, Vote, Fan!