CHAPTER 9

Tiny stars dotted my vision in brilliant hues of pinks and yellows and blues as I blinked wearily up into the face hovering so close over mine. Those familiar eyes gazing back into mine were so recognizable - eyes I'd seen throughout the past week or so, but this pair held softness in them that I hadn't seen before. This pair also had soft kohl smudges lining the edges, intensifying the warm brown colors within them.

I blinked rapidly, grimacing against the throbbing sensation in the back of my skull, and slowly lifted my upper torso into an attempted sitting position.

"Wait, wait, wait," The voice above me rang out, slightly higher in pitch than the low tones my ears had become accustomed to. He leaned down towards me, a frown tugging at his lips."Not so fast, you hit your head really bad."

I nodded slightly in comprehension and slowed my movements, sitting up slowly and carefully with the guidance of the gentle hand pressed against my back. I groaned at the intensified pain through my head and lower neck, rubbing at my temples with weak fingers.

"Do you need me to call an ambulance?" The concerned voice of makeup man rang out again. "I can cover the hospital bill if you need, considering the circumstances..." He paused to throw a glance over his shoulder, his eyes becoming sharper. I looked in the direction of his gaze and saw Seungcheol then, his tall figure visible near the sofa. The figure kneeling before me let out a heavy, aggravated sigh."Oh, would you stop lurking in the corner and get me some damn water like I asked?"

"You're closer to the sink, you get it," Seungcheol snapped with a scowl on his face. "And don't you fucking talk to me like I'm a baby, Wonwoo."

"Don't act like a fucking baby and I won't treat you like one," came his clipped response. He turned, smiling softly, weakly down into my face. His face was so easily identifiable, but somehow the softer features, the lighter hair, and the more lithe body provided an entirely different person before me. My thoughts were broken as his smile vanished from his full lips, and concern shone in his eyes. "Oh Jesus."

Seungcheol's voice broke sharply across the air, harsh and angry. "Here's your fucking water."

The identical eyes trailed to Seungcheol's outstretched hand, the emotions swimming in them becoming dangerously ominous. "While you're up you can get some antiseptic and a wash cloth too since he's bleeding."

My eyes widened, my hand immediately flying up towards my temple. "I'm what?"

"What?" Seungcheol scoffed, leaning down slightly.

"He's bleeding, you moron."

"He is not."

"He is you idiot, right there on his head. Look."

Seungcheol leaned down close to me and I caught a whiff of his expensive cologne for a moment, sending an unwanted fluttering sensation through my chest. His eyes scanned my head slowly, his lips curled into distain.

"I don't see anything," He murmured after a moment, his gaze catching mine for a brief second. I felt a shiver run through me involuntarily, but as soon as his eyes caught mine, they were quickly focused elsewhere.

"Are you fucking blind? There's blood in his hair, Seungcheol."

"W-what?" The feeling of horror swept through me in an awesome wave and with a quick flick of my wrist, I was threading my fumbling fingers through my strands of hair. Sure enough, there in the delicate hairs near the side of my head, was the feeling of caked blood. My eyes widened further. "Oh my God..."

"Shit."

"Shit is right," the warm brown eyes in front of me hardened once again, staring down Seungcheol's body, which was shuffling awkwardly from one foot to the other. "Go get a rag to clean this shit up."