“Maybe he’ll take me to homecoming on that!” she said excitedly.

“He asked you?” I said surprised and she nodded with a smile on her face.

“That’s great…” I said with a smile that didn’t reach my eyes. I should have been more excited for Anna but for some reason I wasn’t…

“I know…” she said and then continued talking about her dress as my thoughts wandered to other places.

***

“Sam we need to talk…” Matty said as I left 1st period.

“What’s wrong?” I said.

“Why the hell is everyone talking about you and that Jesse kid?” he asked with anger.

“I have no idea…he gave me a ride to school…” I said.

“Well everyone seems to think there’s a lot more going on…” he said.

“Wait what? Matty get to the point….” I said with frustration.

“Everyone’s talking about how you guys are together…” Matty said.

“That’s insane…” I said…

“Well is it? You're tutoring him, you live close together…they saw you talking that night of the party…” he said.

“Okay and that insinuates I'm dating him?” I said with annoyance.

“Do you see the way he looks at you?” Matty asked.

“What do you mean….” I asked.

“He looks at you like…like I don’t know…like he wants you…” he said.

“He’s with Anna…” I said as I reached my second period class.

“So that doesn’t mean anything…”

“If you don’t trust me then tell me now…” I said not in the mood to deal with this nonsense.

“I do but its just…-“ he began to say before I cut him off.

“As long as you trust me nothing else matters…” I said and then walked into the class without letting him say another thing.

I’ve only known Jesse for 2 weeks and rumors are already flying around…

**Jesses POV**

There have been rumors flying around that Sam and I are together… it was exactly what I wanted to happen…

I knew it would get to Matty and when I saw them arguing in the hallway I knew things were going according to plan…

When the bell rang for lunch I went and stayed in the hall by the girls bathroom.

When I saw Vicky walk out of the girl’s bathroom with 2 other girls I flashed her a smile.

“Can I talk to you...alone…” I said and she looked at me with a smirk and then dismissed her two friends.

“How can I help you?” She asked seductively.

I put my arm around and began to walk down the hall with Vicky.

 “I’m assuming you’ve heard the rumors about Sam and I…” I said and she nodded.

“Well I’m not going to deny them or say there true…but I am going to ask you for a little favor. I know you and Matty are very close…and I know you would like to be a lot closer so I’m giving you an opportunity to make that happen…” I said.