Chapter 5

It was Friday afternoon and I was sitting in Anna’s room as my thoughts wandered to Julie while Anna went on and on about Jesse. She hasn’t been acting like herself and I really don’t know what to do.

Last night she came home totally drunk at 3 in the morning…

I knew she was only acting this way because she was upset about losing Ray but I needed to fix this…

“Sam you’re not even listening!” Anna said with a sigh.

“What?” I asked puzzled.

“I said which one do you think will get jesses attention?” She asked as she held 2 dresses out one black and the other white.

“Well the white one would get anyone’s attention due to its lack of material, so I would go with the black.” I said.

“Thanks babe…” she said as she went into the closet to change.

I started to curl my hair into nice waves that fell down my back.

I was going with the more casual approach wearing a black strapless sweetheart crop top with studs on the top, and light denim high wasted shorts that had studs by the pocket.

Anna came out of her closet wearing a small plain tight black dress with sleeves that came up to her elbows.

“You look hot.” I said when she came out, the dress outlining all her curves.

“Tanks darling, as do you.” She said in her fake southern accent that put a smile to my face.

The bell rang and I put on my false excited face knowing that it was either Matty or Jesse.

“Listen as dumb as you think I am I know the truth Sam, you’re not happy. But if you want my advice, tonight’s the night that it really doesn’t matter. Have fun, drink a little dance a little and party who gives a shit who’s watching…you deserve it…” Anna said with sympathy as she was putting her shoes on and grabbing her bag.

“Oh I forgot to tell you I asked Jesse to come meet us here.” She said excitedly before she left her room leaving me they’re sitting on the floor puzzled.

I wasn’t surprised that she invited             Jesse to come with us, and I really didn’t mind.

The past week at school he hasn’t said much, the most he said was when I first met him.

I was wondering if his sudden change in personality had to do with finding out I had a boyfriend, but I quickly pushed the thought away.

All I know is that Anna’s a pretty pushy person and he’d probably tell her his whole life story if she would shut up, I smirked at the thought when I heard Anna calling my name from down stairs.

I walked down stairs to see Jesse and Matty standing in the living room. My eyes quickly darted to Jesse when I saw his eyes widened as he looked at me.

It happened so quickly that I thought I was seeing things, Jesse hasn’t really showed me any other facial expression other than calm and sarcastic.

I looked back to Matty who was looking up and down my body with lust filling in his eyes.

“You look gorgeous,…” he whispered in my ear with his warm breath close to my neck, as I went to hug him and kiss him gently on the lips.

“Thanks babe.” I said with a smile, as I glanced over to Anna laughing at something Jesse said as she touched him lightly on the arm, making sure her posture was firm and her boobs stuck out, recognizing her flirting techniques.