Chapter 3

“Thanks babe.” I said as I leaned over and kissed Matty on the cheek.

As I turned to open the door I felt Matty Grasp my arm and I turned towards him and he embraced me in a warm passionate kiss that I wasn’t ready for.

“I know you have a lot going on but remember I’m always here to talk.” He said.

“I know.” I said with a smile, and opened up the door and walked outside.

As I took out the keys for my house and watched Matty drive away I heard the sound of loud engine.

I watched as man wearing a leather jacket and a dark black helmet drove up the street and pulled into the driveway of the house that was just sold.

I watched him shut off the bike and take off his helmet to see that the masked man was Jesse.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I said loud enough for him to hear and turn towards me with a smirk.

“If it isn’t Ms. Rodriguez…” Jesse said as he crossed the street and stood in front of me with a smirk.

“I think this could be considered borderline stalking.” I said with a smirk.

“You wish.” He said, and I just rolled my eyes.

“Well I better get going.” I said and then turned and walked inside.

“Mom I’m home.” I said when I walked in, but there was no response.

I put my bag on the table and walked into the kitchen where my mother usually spends most of her time, since she was a professional chef.

When I walked in there was broken bottles of oil wine all over the floor. The counter top was covered with open jars and white flour poured over everything. The kitchen was a mess, it was like the fridge and cabinets exploded.

Whenever I came home to a kitchen like this I knew my mom had a bad day.

Ray and Julie were high school sweethearts, and they loved each other so much. They were together so long that I don’t think Julie remembers how to live on her own without him. 

Julie was trying to deal with everything and pretending to be strong in front of me but as soon as I leave she breaks down.

I walked into the living room and found her on the couch asleep. I shut off the television and grabbed a blanket and covered her.

I went back into the kitchen and started to clean the mess.

**Jesse’s POV**

The first thing I did when I got into the large empty house was take out my tape recorder and I began to record my notes and observations for the day.

 “Day 1 with Target Samantha Rodriguez” I said as I sat down on the couch.

“The target interacts mainly with 2 others, her best friend Anna who seemed to have an interest in me, and her boyfriend Matty who feels threatened by me. Target has one enemy, Vicky head cheerlead who is interested in Matty. I feel that Matty lacks genuine emotion of love towards the target and will be easy to lure him to Vicky.”

“The target showed little genuine emotion with her boyfriend and her friend, but showed emotion with me.”

“The target will attend a party of Vicky’s, where I will put into action the first phase of the plan. I will get Vicky to lure Matty away from her and will have the target catch him being deceitful.”

I said and I pressed stop on the recorder.

I took out a cup of noodle soup and boiled some water, and poured into the cup.