Chapter 2

**Samantha's POV**

I awkwardly walked beside this beautiful creature in the empty silent hall as my thoughts took over.

I remembered when I was the new kid and Matty was picked to be my guide. Of course we were younger then and things were simple. We laughed, we talked, we became best friends, and then 8th grade we officially became a couple.

A couple for such a long time…

Its like I didn’t know how to be anything else except Mattys girlfriend.

We were comfortable…I guess that’s what you can call it. Being with the same guy and doing the same things could get a little…dull. But I loved him and he made me happy…

“So is this a silent tour or something?” Jesse said with his deep sexy voice that brought me back to reality.

“Oh sorry just got a lot on my mind.” I said as I tried to quickly organize my thoughts.

“Uhm…we have the same schedule so I’ll show you around until you get the hang of it.” I said as I handed his schedule over to him.

“Alright Boss. So is there anything fun to do in the small little town?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

Every time I looked into to his deep grey eyes I lost my surroundings, so I tried to stay clear of that.

“I’m used to the small little town, so I wouldn’t say there were fun things to do but there are things to do to pass the time.” I said look straight ahead of me.

“Such as…?” he asked.

“Bowling, movies, pool hall, mall…the usual I guess.” I said.

“Sounds fun…” he said with a voice filled with sarcasm, to which I responded with an eye roll.

“What’s your story?” he asked me with curiosity.

“I don’t have one.” I answered looking straight into his big deep grey eyes that made my heart race.

“We all have a story.” He said.

“Well what’s yours then?” I asked trying to get the spotlight off of me.

“I asked you first but unlike you I’m not afraid of the question.” He said with a smirk.

“I’m not afraid, there’s just nothing to tell I’m just boring average teenage girl…” I said as I continued to walk passed him.

I felt an arm grip my upper arm and pull me back and around. I was faced towards him looking into his eyes, only inches apart.

“See I don’t believe that one bit.” He said in a husky voice that made my knees weak.

“Well believe it.” I said as I pulled away and continued to walk as I heard him chuckle behind me.

“What do you think my story is?” he asked.

“What do you mean?”

“By looking at me, what do you think?” he asked.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him. I studied every inch of his body for a few moments.

“I don’t know. Ever heard of the saying don’t judge a book by its cover?” I asked and he looked at me wide eyed and shocked.

“Wasn’t expecting that…” he said, and I just shrugged in response and continued to walk.

***

When the bell rang for lunch I gathered my books together and looked over to Jesse who looked like he had no care in the world.