S e v e n t e e n

Jack

"So, what are you doing for the holidays?" Nate asks, I shrug. I hadn't given it much though considering I wasn't really interacting with my family anymore. Ever since I walked away from the one thing that united my family and I; I never spoke to them.

"I don't know really," I reply. Maybe I could just spend it on my bed, eating tubs of Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Sherbet Ice cream. I could also just spend it at some random night club like last year, maybe actually take a girl home and not chicken out like last year.

Either way, I'll end up by myself anyway.

"You should spend it with us. Our parents are all going on some great vacation that we all planned for them," Andrea snickers.

Or I can just spend my Christmas with my ex-fuck buddy's brother and sister.

"I can't wait to hear about how they reacted to each other," Johnson laughs.

"So, you in?" Nate asks.

Fuck it.

"I'm in." I smile and everyone cheers. Andrea serves hands us all a beer and we all open our bottles, then raise them.

"Here's to spending our first Christmas and New Year's together and trying not to land in jail." Nate shouts, we all laugh, then holler a loud cry of cheers.

Andy

"Babe, you sure Nate's going to want me there?" Cameron asks, I roll my eyes.

"Of course he wants you there!" I smile, then wrap an arm around his neck, attempting to match his height. "It isn't his choice anyway. You're my husband, not his."

"Alright." He smiles then leans down slightly and pecks my lips.

I was happy. No, I am happy. Nate may be a bit bothered by the fact that one of his best friends is marrying his sister in a few weeks, but I love Cameron.

I know that there was someone before Cameron, but we've agreed to give it time for it resurface on its own; nothing will change once it does.

"You're such a guy," I smile, looking into his puppy brown eyes with specks of green.

"You're such a girl," he breathes, then kisses me once more.

"Now, come on. We'd better get going if we want to make it to your brother's without traffic."

"Okie." I tell him.

"Dokie." He responds.

•••

thank you guys for 14K. love you all very very much. :-)

enjoy your break and happy holidays. :-)