Mistletoe Maniacs

Start from the beginning

You straightened up and scoffed when the two of you stopped in front of the door, "What? No, I didn't even know she was gonna be here. Is she gonna be here?" You crossed your arms over your chest, eyes on the little Santa hanging from the door. 

The beautiful melanin girl stared at her best friend blankly. "This her apartment." She deadpanned and You blushed, knocking loudly on the door. 

Normani knew about your feelings for the other girl even before you did. You had tried to deny it for so long because you did have a girlfriend during the time you first met Lauren. There was just something so captivating about Lauren and you really couldn't help but develop feelings for her. And now that you've moved on from your ex you want to give it a shot and see where things go with Lauren. 

That is if she even returns your feelings. God, this was the most annoying and anxiety inducing part about having feelings. Not knowing whether the other person returns your feelings and if you're brave enough to just throw caution into the wind and confess your feelings you end up looking dumb if they don't return your affections. Wait what if Lauren only saw you as a friend and nothing more? What if- 

You shook your head from those thoughts. You'll just play it cool tonight and flirt with her a little and gauge her reaction. Hopefully a Christmas miracle is in store for you tonight. 

The door swung open and revealed a very short blonde wearing a Christmas sweater and a Santa hat that was almost falling off. "Heyyy Y'all!" Ally greeted, maybe a little too excitedly and slightly slurring. 

"Hey Allycat," You laughed and noticed the crystal cup she was holding in her hand. "Enjoying that eggnog eh?" 

Ally looked confused for a moment but then you pointed to the cup empty in her hand and she made an 'O' shape with her mouth. She giggled and held up her thumb and index finger leaving little space in between. Ally suddenly gasped and practically tackled Normani in a hug. "Manibear!" She squealed. 

"Hello to you too Ally," Normani grunted and returned the hug. 

"You're so pretty mani," Ally said when she pulled back and started caressing her face. " So Puurrtty," She bopped her nose and giggled. 

You and Normani shared an amused look before guiding the already drunk girl into the apartment. It wasn't as packed as you'd thought it would be but there was still a good amount of people. You tried to refrain your from letting your eyes scan the room, hoping to spot the raven haired girl that's been on your mind a lot lately but you ended up doing just exactly that. You also tried not to be too disappointed when you did spot her but she was already engaged in a conversation with somebody. 

Naturally you gravitated towards the table with all the assortments of different kinds of baked goods and giant bowl of eggnog. You laughed to yourself remembering Ally's behavior and decided to steer clear from the obviously spiked drink. You grabbed a little gingerbread man and made it do a little dance before you took a bite and then you felt a presence next to you. 

You looked to your right and swallowed before smiling widely at the person. "Hey Dinah! If you're looking for Mani she's probably in the kitchen looking for some real food," You teased, aware of her big crush on your best friend. 

Dinah narrowed her eyes at you and smacked your shoulder. "I was actually coming to say hi to you, damn!" 

You gave the girl a knowing look. "Yeah, okay, that's why you keep glancing towards the kitchen now," You chuckled lightly. 

"I really did want to say hi to you!" She defended and shoved you back by your face. Jesus, her hand is so big it covered your entire face. "I'll see you later you bi-Grinch." The Polynesian girl walked away leaving you really confused.