chapter 24

"Hey come one Ivy, we have to be there for 4 to set up!" I turned off the shower and a rush of coldness flue over my skin making me get goose bumbs.

"Alright!" I screamed back and heard Ace walk away. The other guys left in the morning so they could go get their stuff and selfs ready. 

I dryed myself off and through on a my black bikini and washed out short and a loose guitar belly shirts just to cover up. I changed out my lip ring to a purple and black spiked one and a black studded nose ring. 

I blowe dried my hair so I had a poof at the top and flat ironed the bottom so I brought out more effect to the poof. Then I smeared a face cream on to hopefully bring down the swelling of any annoying pimples.

I teased my hair a little and then hair sprayed it. Stupid to acholy do my hair though because I was just going to play at a beach party. Which also should be interesting.

***

I walked down the beach and thought to myself, mentally preparing my self, like before every gig. I had already set up all my stuff and ran off while the boys were too busy setting up their shit.

Some people already started coming and I was stopped by a few who asked who I was because they haven't seen me around, I just told them I was with the band. Some people already knew who I was from earlier gigs and I smiled at the thought that that would be more then just 'a couple' at some point in my life.

I climbed up onto the beging of the jetty and started making my way across rock that were holding me right above the water surface.  I kept my eyes on the rock before me as I watched the smaller ones get swallowed up in waves, then reamerg with water slipping down them.

Ace and I use to always go with our family to a beach not to far away from our house and loved climbing onto the jetties until it became to expensive to rent out. 

I stood on my tippy toes, my shoes were left behind on the beach, I stretched my arms out to the side and walked along the very edge of the rocks like I was five again, thinking that I was amazing at balancing. In reality that's only if I focused on it, if not I'm a complete cluts.

I reached the end and stood with my hands on my hips peering out at the sea, the sun was setting slowly and we still had another 2 hours or so of sunlight, then we would start playing.

I sat down, the rock was relatively higher then the water and none of the waves would splash up completely soaking me.

I sat in complete sighlents with nothing but the sound of waves calming my thoughts. It would be a while before I got anywhere close to this kind of noise again.

"Do you remember when I fell off one of these and dad had to come save me?" I turned to face Ace as he was jumping from rock to rock. He lost balance on one of them that shook.

"Yeah that ones loose." I cherped turning back around looking out at a seagull fly down and swallow up a fish.

I felt Ace's presents next to me and I decided to add on to his comment, "Then after dad got you i slipped and fell and cut my legs up on the barnacles."

"Then you cryed cause you couldn't have the pink band aid.

"Ehhk pink." He smiled at my comment. I liked having my one-on-one talks with my brother, they are pretty cool and interesting.

"Hey where are the rest of the guys?" I asked realizing we haven't been bombarded with an "Awhh brother and sister love!" or "Eww incest", something along those lines.

"They are doing.... something. We all split up to roam the beach and meat people, thinking it was a good idea to meat fans and get publicity." 

"So then why did you come up here?" 

"Cause I wanted to talk to my sister." he grinned at me.

"Ohhh..."  I reterned a smile back. Ace stood up and held out a hand for me. As I stood up a looked at his outfit.

"Eh how do you guys stand to where black pants all summer, all of you guys." 

"We only do during gigs and I don't know we just do, why?"

"Well don't you get really hot?" I asked

"Well out ba-"

"Ew ew ew ew ew ew stop right there and why do you know that bout the other guys!?" I squealed as I covered my ears like a kid.

"I was just kidding." He laughed at his nasty joke.

"Okayyy sureee!" I sang, pretending to go along with him. 

We started walking back to the beach, jumping from dry to wet rocks. That's when Ace bumped into me by 'accident' and I slipped on wet seaweed. I heard a load plop and I landed on my ass as water was still clearing the rock.

I felt the rest of the water rush past my finger and I opened my eyes with my jaw dropped to see Ace holding his stomach laughing slightly trying to ketch his breath. He sucked in hard and and I watcheda tear start to form in his eye. I still held my face expression as in disbelief he would do this to me.

"Oh my god!" was the first words to slipp his mouth between breaths. I slowly stood to my feet before another wave could crash over me.

"Your face was priceless!" he was still lost in his sea of laughter.

"I hate you sooooo much! And if I have any curls in my hair I'll kill you!" I scowled and started to storm off as he tried to calm him self down.

"Oh come on sis, its just all fun and games!" He was still laughing  but was trying his best to cover it up.

I turned an gave him a smile that he instantly knew wasn't a forgiving one. "Come on, you wont do anything bad to me, it was just a joke."

"Oh I know."  I grined to myself with a plot sterring up in my mind. Once again, revenge is sweet.