Chapter 21 "Backfields and Winter don't mix"

Start from the beginning

I went downstairs after my mom kept frantically calling me down for breakfast. I wasn’t feeling hungry. I’ll just skip breakfast so I can go out for a run. I’ll probably be hungry when I get back.  ‘Sarah's going to get angry with us’ Again with that voice. For once you're right stupid voice. I’ll just jog around the backfield. There are cameras everywhere and it’s fully fenced so no one would see me running unless they were inside of the fencing like I will be.

I told my mom that I wasn’t really hungry but drank a cup of orange juice. The woman is scary when she wants me to do something so I complied. I then went upstairs to put on my sweater and sweat pants. It may be a bit cold outside, but I would sweat so it’d be no big deal. I always had warm clothes in hand since the weather in Canada is never predictable, even in the summer. 

I turned off all of the lights and put my “Sleeping sign” on the door before I closed it so everyone wouldn’t worry. I then climbed down my balcony into the backyard unnoticed.  I left a note on my bed incase someone came in my room and got worried. I just said that I would be in the backfield.   

I started jogging to the end of the field. It was about five acres. I’ll never understand why my parents wanted to buy a house just on the end of the city. I guess they wanted to still be part of the city but also wanted to be reminded of when they were kids and lived on a farm? Thank god we don’t live in an actual farm or have any animals.

I felt a pain in my stomach when 15 minutes of jogging had passed. I wasn’t too far from the end of the field. I was about 10 minutes away so there was no way that I was stopping. It’s probably just a cramp. I think it’s just a cramp…

Sam's P.O.V

I planned out a budget, and a schedule for all of the construction. Cerulean had to be perfect.  I want everyone to be proud of it. The public, my friends, my family, and especially Alex.

I miss her so much. It bothers me that she hasn’t called me yet. Then again, I haven’t called her. Maybe I could call and say that I was just checking in so I don’t sound so needy?

I grabbed my cellphone, which I hadn’t used since I left Toronto, and started to dial the numbers. It wouldn’t ring. I checked the connection and it said “Service Not Available, Out Of Bounds” Damn it. I forgot to buy myself a plan with my cellphone provider. It’s not like I could either way. I had to call Alex to do that for me since She’s the one that bought the “Couples Plan.” I guess I’m going to have to pay a fortune to make a call with the hotels phone.

It took me about half an hour to figure out how to use all of the hotel codes, the city’s code, and the stupid phone card that I had to buy’s code. The phone finally started ringing after when felt like an eternity.

Nothing. No one picked up. Alex couldn’t have known that it was I, since it’s from a random hotel phone in New York. Maybe she just forgot it somewhere or it’s on mute? I couldn't help but feel worried. After all, if she didn’t still love me, I still loved her.