006 (ft. the stalker tag)

Start from the beginning

"I haven't even started," Luke said with a chuckle.

"Alright, more of a reason to do it. I-" Calum paused for a while. Luke heard something fall and then a muffled yell. "I have to go, my dad just came. I'll talk to you later, Luke." Calum hung up immediately, leaving Luke confused. He didn't think much of it though, since Calum's dad was a bit of a drunk.

"Bye," he whispered into the phone, knowing he had already hung up. He carelessly dropped his phone on his pillow and headed to his desk, sitting on the chair, glaring at his math homework.

He bent forward, his eyes squinting as he tried to decode the numbers and letters on his paper. It all made him dizzy, the blurry shapes that merged together. It was extremely frustrating and confusing.

He stared at it for almost an entire minute before he gave up, and slid back down the chair. Luke grunted as a tear slipped down his cheek, followed by another and another, and soon enough he was crying silently.

He heard the front door open downstairs followed by the clicking of heels, and he brushed his tears away with the collar of his T-shirt. Luke took a deep breath and then headed downstairs to greet his mother.

"Mom?" He yelled. Luke wandered into the kitchen, where his mother was humming a tune as she put her briefcase on the counter. Luke cautiously walked towards her, asking,"Mom?" Liz looked up, and Luke couldn't help but notice the smile on her face, which was unusual.

"Oh, hi sweetheart. I just met the sweetest man-" Liz hesitated before continuing slowly. "At my job. Yes, at my job."

Luke, still thinking about the smile on her face, didn't suspect a thing. He walked around the island counter and looked at the slight makeup she wore. His skin paled and he had a horrified look on his face as he yelled, "Oh my gosh, Mom, there's something on your face!"

Liz looked at Luke terrified, pressing her hand to her cheek. "What, what is it?"

"It's makeup!" Luke exclaimed dramatically, pressing a hand to his chest. Liz frowned at him and smacked his arm playfully.

"Who are you, and what have you done to my mother?" Luke asked as he backed away, glaring. Liz rolled her eyes, scoffing while stepping forward. Luke kept backing away until he reached the living room, and then jumped on the couch, startling Liz.

"Now, Lucas-"

"Stay away, Satan! My mother would never wear-" Luke stopped, sniffing the air. His eyes widened in shock. "Wear perfume! Don't tell me you have a hickey too."

"That's enough! Now get off of my couch," Liz warned, crossing her arms slowly and trying to hide her smile.

Luke jumped to the floor, grinning and pulling his mother into a tight hug. "I'm happy you met someone, mom," Luke whispered into her ear.

Liz gave him a squeeze before letting go and giving him a smile. She looked him up and down, proud of what her son became. She sighed, "Alright, now here's for the bad news."

Luke frowned as Liz caressed his face gently. She paused, contemplating wether to tell him, and said, "You're going to tutoring."

"I knew Satan was inside of you."

-
I CAN DO IT ALL BY MYSELF
-